Monday, September 28, 2015

Chapter 10 - Of all the gin joints...

 "Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine... " - Casablanca 


"I'll be right there," I said.

Man, I can't even pee in peace...
An abandoned warehouse was a weird place to meet, but I couldn't be too choosy.  Xander Clavell (AN: Thankfully no inappropriate heart farts for him!)  wanted some dirt of Thorton Wolff.
I hurried to the edge of town and stared in amazement. Wow, nice house, I thought.
Cute family.

I dug a little faster to avoid notice.

And found absolutely nothing to bribe Thorton with.  It seemed he and Morganna were squeaky clean.
I wasn't too busy to take a phone call from Hank.
Or Leighton.

(AN: Seriously, she just hung out on the Wolff's drive chatting for close to 3 hours. Right after she hung up with Leighton, she grabbed her phone and called him again. Guess she remembered something else she wanted to talk to him about!)


But, I'd postponed the inevitable long enough.  Xander said I could find him at Waylon's Haunt on Rotten Row.  I headed over there and scoped the place out.  I spotted Xander at the corner of the room.  "Got nothing for ya!" I called out and headed to the bar.

(AN: Seriously, I didn't get a picture of her telling Xander the news.)
"Hit me!" I teased the bartender playfully, ordering a drink.

"One energy drink coming up!" he said with a wink. He twirled the bottom and poured in the liquor from behind his back.
"Very impressive!" she complimented him as he handed her the fruity drink.
He grinned before walking off to see to another customer & she felt her heart flip.  He was so devastatingly handsome!

She felt no guilt ordering drink after drink to stay in his company.
Unfortunately, the more she drank, the more she rambled aimlessly... and waxed philosophical... and spilled her sorrows...  
As she staggered into her home after closing time, she fell down on her bed and waited for the ceiling to stop moving.  Oh Plumbbob, what did I say? she wondered with horror.  She could only hope she'd managed to make enough of a connection that he'd want to see her again!

Carmen... his name is Carmen... 



Torch Holders: 1
Sim Failing School: 0
Visit from Service Sim: 0
Passing Out: 0
Self-Urination: 0
Accidental Deaths: 0
Social Worker Visit: 0
Births: 0
Twin Births: 0
Triplet Births: 0
Fulfilling LTW: 0
Achieving Honor Roll: 0
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: 0
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: 0
Every 100,000 dollars: 0
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: 0
Cheat Penalty: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment