Monday, September 28, 2015

Chapter 12 - She's just not that into you...

If there's one thing I do, it's learn from mistakes, I thought as I hurried through my breakfast.  I was determined today.
#1 - Invite Carmen over as early as possible - CHECK!

"You came!" I said, leaping into Carmen's arms. 
#2 - Don't waste time with pleasantries - CHECK!

Since we were barely acquaintances, I'm sure he was a little bit surprised when I leaped into his arms.

What can I say? I'm a hopeless romantic?
But, he must've felt something for me, too, since he wasted no time burying his hands in my hair and returning my kiss with equal fervor. 
Slowly, he pulled away.  "I've got to go to work," he said regretfully.

"No! Don't go!" I begged.  (AN: Object:ResetSim. You are NOT going to work today, buddy.)
"Stay..." I pleaded, grabbing his hand and pulling him back towards me.  "I've been waiting days to spend time with you!"
"I guess I could stay a little bit longer," Carmen said.  I guess it was hard to turn me down.  (AN: I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that she was missing half her clothes...)
"I'm so glad!" I admitted, "I've really been wanting to get to know you better. Tell me about yourself!" I said.  (AN: I switched from romantic interactions to friendly interactions in a blatant attempt to move him in & bypass his stupid mixology hours.)

Carmen blanched.  "Uh... I guess I need to get to work after all."
Dammit.

(AN:  Apparently Carmen didn't want to talk about himself... he hightailed it as soon as I switched to friendly interactions.)

I sighed.  Well, that went better than yesterday...

I went on my next case to Ian Bowler's house.  He wanted to propose to his girlfriend. Unfortunately, the poor chap isn't sure if she actually loves him. This is where I come in. I need to go on a fact finding mission for a fluttering heart.  I decided to talk to his roomies to get a little dirt on the girl...

Sunny Bakshi and Abraham Finkle both thought that his girl was a little flaky.  This wasn't looking very good for poor Ian.
I decided to hack into the girlfriend's computer to see what she has to say about the subject. 
I tried to break the news gently.  "I'm sorry, Ian.  She's just not that into you..."

Ian buried his head in his hands and started bawling.

I guess I could've been a little more tactful....


Torch Holders: 1
Sim Failing School: 0
Visit from Service Sim: 0
Passing Out: 0
Self-Urination: 0
Accidental Deaths: 0
Social Worker Visit: 0
Births: 0
Twin Births: 0
Triplet Births: 0
Fulfilling LTW: 0
Achieving Honor Roll: 0
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: 0
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: 0
Every 100,000 dollars: 0
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: 0
Cheat Penalty: -10 (I blatantly tried to keep Carmen around longer, but it didn't work... *cries*)

No comments:

Post a Comment