Monday, September 28, 2015

Chapter 13 - Impulsive proposal!

"Before you say anything else, there's something I want to ask you..." I said nervously, having invited Carmen over first thing in the morning.
I dropped to my knee.  "Marry me! I've never felt this way about anyone before!" I said in a rush, adding, "And I know it's too soon... We don't know anything about each other yet... But I just have this feeling..."

Carmen interrupted me, "Yes!" he said, his voice rough with emotion.

"Really?!" I asked as I stood up, stunned.

Carmen nodded his head.  "Really! Although, I probably should've been the one proposing to you!"

"Really?" I echoed.  Apparently I was still stunned.
He nodded.

SQUEE! 

I was so excited, I threw myself at Carmen.
And who knew exactly what to do with me, too...  Hands roamed as our mouths fused. He backed me into the house and we made love right there against my special PI door.
And in the shower...
And then in the bed...

I nuzzled his check.  "I am so happy right now," I told him.

"I've never been happier," he admitted, tugging me closer.  Clearing his throat, he added, "So, how old are you anyways?"

"Me? I'm about 25... you?" I asked.  There's so much we didn't know about each other still, I thought absently.

"Oh... you know... over 30..." he hedged.

"How much over 30?" I asked, narrowing my gaze.  He didn't look that old...  (AN:  So, he came to us with 4 days left before he was an Elder thanks to being an Adult when he first started tending bar.  I reset him age to the beginning of the Adult stage.)

"Like.. 31," he finally admitted.

I sighed with relief.  I gotta say, I was a little bit worried...
 
They cuddled in bed, getting to know each other, talking about their hopes, dreams and life ambitions.

"You know, I didn't always want to tend bar.  When I was younger, I wanted to join the military," Carmen told her.

"Well? Why didn't you?" she asked.

Carmen tilted his head to the side.  Why didn't he?   "You know what?" he asked. "I'm going to do it! I'm going to join the military!"

Carmen didn't waste any time. 
He jumped in the cab and headed up to Fort Gnome Military Base to enlist.
Before he left, he took a moment to admire the F-Class Hunter-Killer jet they had docked out front.
To think... one day I might be flying this, he thought whimsically.


While he was gone, Simone decided to make herself useful.  She responded to Narcissa Vatos' request to meet.  She wants me to get some dirt on her boss so that she can get a promotion.  She's tired of being sidelined in her culinary pursuits...

The bistro is super popular, which means everyone eats there.  I should ask around town to find out what people know about the restaurant and the boss.
 I asked the Chief, Justine Keaton,and Hank about their experiences at the bistro.  Justine said sometimes the food upset her stomach, while Hank shrugged and said it never bothered him.  Not very definitive...
Then, I had a stroke of luck.  I ran into Emma Hatch, an ex-employee.  I asked her whether she'd heard any rumors about the bistro or the owner.
She could hardly contain herself.

"Oh, girl, let me tell you!" she started listing off problems with the owner, the quality of the ingredients, the food prep, and the list went on.

Valid concerns or a bunch of sour grapes? I wondered thoughtfully as I headed home.


Even though Carmen didn't bring much money, we were still able to redecorate and enlarge the house alittle.

I'm sure the Altos and Landgraabs loved my little lot!  It was starting to look like a double-wide trailer!

I didn't care! I loved my home...
...and my flea market couch!

It was orange and green... both of our favorite colors!  (AN: I randomized the color for the couch a few times until I found this eye-sore! But, it IS perfect for them!)

(AN: Alright, he's definitely a keeper! He's cleaning up those darn newspapers!)
Simone sighed with pleasure when Carmen walked up behind her and started to rub her back. 
She wrapped her arms around him as they drifted off to sleep thinking that life was absolutely perfect.  She hoped it never changed!


Torch Holders: 1
Sim Failing School: 0
Visit from Service Sim: 0
Passing Out: 0
Self-Urination: 0
Accidental Deaths: 0
Social Worker Visit: 0
Births: 0
Twin Births: 0
Triplet Births: 0
Fulfilling LTW: 0
Achieving Honor Roll: 0
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: 0
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: 0
Every 100,000 dollars: 0
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: 0
Cheat Penalty: -20 (Another -10 for changing up his age.)

2 comments:

  1. -20 cheat penalty - but it was for love! Aww! XD Finally Simone found someone nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo! It was totally worth it! I heart Carmen!

      Delete