Monday, September 28, 2015

Chapter 14 - Suspiciouser and suspiciouser...

I'd been mulling over The Case of the Culinary Backstab and was beginning to think that more than a few people had negative things to say about the health record of the bistro.  Maybe it was time for me to sample the food myself...

I bet Carmen would go with me! 

I got out of bed and started to get dress.
And apparently I was a little bloated today. I slipped into my comfortable athletic clothes, sweats & a shirt and went to look for Carmen.
"Hey, do you want to go with me down to the bistro for brunch?" I asked.
Carmen smiled. "Sure, that'll be fun!"

I started to the door before he stopped me, clearing his throat.  "Um, is that what you're going to wear?"

I stopped and looked down.  "What? No sweats?" I asked.


Finally, after spending an hour in my closet, I was able to find an old dress that didn't cut off my circulation.

I made a mental note to order a salad.

"This is going to be fun!" I told him, wondering if I should've mentioned the potential health risk...
Holy smokes! The food was good going down, but I'm not so sure it's going to be as pleasant on the way out. At first this was business, but now that I have food poisoning, it's personal!

"Carmen, I need to go take care of something real quick.  Meet you at home?"

Carmen shrugged. "Sure, babe.  Are you working a case?" 

"Oh boy, am I ever!" I said sourly.


"Mr. & Mrs. Wainwright, nice to see you again," I greeted the couple.  "My records show that you are the food supplier for the bistro," I said, checking my notes.

Boyd nodded. "That's right. I grow the plants," he glanced over towards his wife.  "Susan prepares the fertilizer. She's developed an award-winning concoction."

I lifted an eyebrow and made a note.  Very suspicious.  "Would you mind if I poked around your garden... to make sure everything's in order?"

"What's this about?" Boyd asked, regarding me suspiciously now.

"There's been a few complaints of food poisoning at the bistro and I am attempting to trace the origins of the contamination. I would hate to involve the health department if I clear this up locally..."

Boyd immediately became conciliatory.  "By all means, you're welcome to inspect my garden!"


Carmen found himself wandering around the Sunset Valley Downtown area. "Simone!" he called out, reaching for his new girlfriend and twirling her around.

"Oh, sorry!" he apologized to the strange woman.  "I thought you were someone else..."
Holly Alto smiled at the handsome man in front of her.  "Oh, I don't mind," she said sweetly, fluttering her lashes at him.
Carmen was taken aback when the woman started flirting with him!  "I'm sorry, I'm in a committed relationship," he told her firmly.    (AN:  Have I mentioned that Carmen is perfect in all ways yet?)


Simone headed towards the Wainwright's home to snoop for clues.  Oh, this would be a lot easier if my stomach wasn't doing flips!


I pulled out my magnifying glass and began poking around the Wainwright's garden.  Nothing looked out of the ordinary.  The produce looked healthy.  I took a sample of the fertilizer. 
I reviewed my notes.

The food at the bistro is clearly tainted, but the supplier isn't. Who else would gain if a rumor gained hold about food poisoning at the bistro?

Perhaps someone tired of being second fiddle?

I headed to Narcissa's place. I wanted to get a few fingerprint samples to see what came up...

I glanced in the window to see if anyone was about.  To my surprise, Narcissa was there in the kitchen and was quite startled to see me.  The moment she saw me, she jumped a little and then hurriedly stuffed all the produce she had on the counter back into their containers.

Suspicious...

"I wanted to talk to you about..." I began, hoping to talk my way into Narcissa's home.

"Now's not a good time," she interrupted, faking a large yawn.  "I'm about to head to bed. Come back tomorrow and we'll talk."

I watched her head back inside.

Suspiciouser and suspiciouser...


Torch Holders: 1
Sim Failing School: 0
Visit from Service Sim: 0
Passing Out: 0
Self-Urination: 0
Accidental Deaths: 0
Social Worker Visit: 0
Births: 0
Twin Births: 0
Triplet Births: 0
Fulfilling LTW: 0
Achieving Honor Roll: 0
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: 0
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: 0
Every 100,000 dollars: 0
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: 0
Cheat Penalty: -20

1 comment:

  1. Yay, baby on the way! I wonder how long it will be until Simone realizes that it's not food poisoning...

    ReplyDelete