Monday, September 28, 2015

Chapter 15 - Wait, what?!

 I woke up alone & sighed.

I'd been a little annoyed that Carmen slept outside in the sleeping bag rather than cuddled up next to me.  He said it was because he was worried he'd wake me up when he left for bootcamp at 5 in the morning.

"Stupid, Inconsiderate, Flipping, Sleeping bag," I grumbled, angrily plunging the toilet.  I might've attacked it with more force than necessary due to my bad mood.
Nothing was going right!  Carmen was already sleeping away from me! I wasn't able to get into Narcissa's home to dust for fingerprints...

I soothed myself by making some macaroni in my new kitchen.
Of course, I burned it.

Dammit!  I sat down at the table and shoveled the burnt food in my mouth.  This tasted like crap, but at least I wasn't at the bistro!

And then inspiration hit.


"Hi, Narcissa, I was wondering if you'd be able to meet me at the bistro to talk about my findings," I said.

"Sure," she answered.

I attempted to sound as casual as possible, "Bring your roommate, as well."

"Wait, what?"  Narcissa sounded perplexed, but didn't argue too much.
I watched Dorothy and Narcissa drive by from behind a bush.
Then I got straight to work fiddling with the lock.
"Well? Where is she?" Dorothy asked when they arrived at the bistro and didn't see me.

Narcissa shrugged.  "Maybe she's running a little late.  Let's grab a drink while we wait."
I pulled out my fingerprinting toolkit and began to dust for prints on the armchair.  This case was going to be like taking candy from a baby!


All of a sudden, I paled....


Baby.... of course!
Dorothy glanced at her watch as Narcissa finished her drink.  "Do you want to wait longer?" she asked.

Narcissa sighed. "I guess not. I wonder why she stood me up!"
Oh Plumbbob, I was pregnant!  How had I not managed to figure this out sooner?! I was supposed to be perceptive!!  I exited the house with trembling knees.  (AN: For some reason, it wouldn't let me finish dusting for prints before the game kicked me out of the house.  So frustrating!)
I headed home, in stealth mode, prepared to give Carmen the big news.


"You're not mad?" I asked him, anxiously waiting with bated breath.

"Mad? How could I be mad?" Carmen told me.  "I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you! I can't wait for our baby to be born!"

I sighed a huge sigh of relief.
"Do you mind if we get married before the baby comes?" he asked. 

"I'd be honored," I said flirtatiously, holding my hand out towards him to accept my wedding ring.

We had a private, common-law marriage hand-fasting & then it was official.  We could go down to City Hall another day to file the paperwork.
Before slipping into bed to celebrate, I pulled back a smidge.  "You don't mind if I keep my last name, do you?"

"What? Why?" Carmen asked, surprised.

I made a face.  "I'm not crazy about your last name."

"Fisher? Why not?"

"Fish are kind of gross," I told him. "And smelly..."

Carmen pulled me back towards him. "I don't care," he promised, eager to get back to celebrating.
"Wonderful!" I said, returning his kisses with vigor.  Just as he pulled the covers over our head, I announced, "You're going to love the last name Persimmon!"

"Wait, what?!" he yelped in surprise, yet again.


Torch Holders: 1
Sim Failing School: 0
Visit from Service Sim: 0
Passing Out: 0
Self-Urination: 0
Accidental Deaths: 0
Social Worker Visit: 0
Births: 0
Twin Births: 0
Triplet Births: 0
Fulfilling LTW: 0
Achieving Honor Roll: 0
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: 0
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: 0
Every 100,000 dollars: 0
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: 0
Cheat Penalty: -20

2 comments:

  1. Ha, Carmen sleeping in the sleeping bag rather than in bed... that's an ISBI for ya, alright. To be fair though, I think a sleeping bag counts as more restful than the cheaper beds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been tempted to hide that darn sleeping bag sometimes! I'll have to look at the restful rate! That would probably explain it!

      But yeah! Simone's pregnant!

      Delete