Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Chapter 16 - A new addition

Carmen Persimmon hustled from the house to catch his carpool.  He'd slept so soundly after Simone's good loving last night...
Maybe a little too soundly...

He'd forgotten to hit the head before leaving the house.
Well, since Carmen was going to be at work all day today, I might as well get some work done, too, I thought as I pulled off in the taxi.

If I had happened to look in the rear-view mirror, I would've seen my dear husband trudging home in a bad mood.

Dusting for fingerprints, take #3.  Obviously breaking in didn't work.  I was going to have to try a different tact.
"Hi Dorothy, how are you doing?" I asked brightly when she answered the door. 

"Simone! We missed you at the cafe yesterday!" she said, "Come in, come in!"

"So? How have things been?" I asked, pressing subtly, "Any more signs of break ins?"  I didn't need to tell her it was me that had breaking in...

Dorothy frowned, "You know, now that you mention it..."
And I was in!  I pulled out the fingerprinting toolkit and sprinkled the dust on the armchair again.  A fingerprint was just starting to take shape when...
Omph!

"Dorothy? I think I'm going to need a ride to the  hospital!" I called out.

Dorothy ran into the room.  "My armchair!" she shrieked with dismay when she saw the sooty dust spread all over the fabric.

Never mind the pregnant woman, I thought sourly.
Carmen's cell phone trilled from the other room.  Unfortunately, he was a little busy...

Carmen finished his shower and checked his phone.  There were 4 missed calls and 7 VIP texts.  "Plumbbob! The baby!" he shouted, hurrying from the house.

Thank goodness, he made it in time!

I left the hospital with my Acai in my arms and Carmen tagging along behind me.  I was itching to get Acai settled in so that I could finish the case I'd been working so hard on.

"YES! I HAVE A LITTLE GIRL!" Carmen shouted ecstatically with celebratory fist pumps in the air.
Realizing he was probably making a spectacle of himself, he took a deep breath and glanced around coolly.

Good... no one was around.
"AND I'M MARRIED! I LOVE MY WIFE!" he tacked on with triumph.

(AN: He caught him celebrating, I assume the birth of his little girl. Then, he tried to play it off like he didn't do anything at all. He looked down at his new ring and did another little happy dance. Lol.)


"There you are sweetie! I thought you were right behind me!" I said when Carmen finally strolled through the door after I fed Acai.

Carmen smiled mysteriously.

Oookaaay, I thought.  "Do you mind watching Acai? I was in the middle of something when the labor pains began!"

"Really?" Carmen asked in surprise.  "Right now?"

I smiled mysteriously and slipped Acai into his arms.  "I'll be right back," I promised.
Carmen bobbled his little girl in his arms awkwardly as he took her to our bedroom where we were keeping her new crib. 
"Time to go sleepy-bye," he sang, placing her in the crib.


"Hi, thanks for meeting me here," I told Narcissa.  "I wanted to finish up dusting for fingerprints."

Narcissa nodded.  "Of course. We want to get to the bottom of this.  I looked all around and it didn't look like they took anything this time..."
I headed back into the livingroom and began dusting at the powder on the armchair.

"ACHOOO" Narcissa sneezed.  "What is in that stuff?"

I glanced down and cocked my head to the side. "You know?  I don't know!"
Narcissa watched me like a hawk.  "Dorothy wants me to make sure you get all the powder off the chair," she told me.

"Oh, I will!" I promised, mentally crossing my fingers.  I wasn't sure it would all come up.  This was my first time using it!  Oh, look, there was a print.  I glanced over at Narcissa.  "Can I have a little room, please?" I asked, using my most-official-voice.

Narcissa back-pedaled. "Oh, of course! Sorry!"
Next, I headed into the room and began fingerprinting the dresser.
"Do you want to stay for dinner?" Narcissa called out from the kitchen.
Just as I happened to find the proof that I needed. 

That no good, lousy, swindler of a cook! This house is full of common, harmful, but non-lethal chemicals.  That's what has been making everyone so sick!  And if I'm reading this the right way, Narcissa has set up Dustin Langerak to fall in order to get a promotion!  I should find him and warn him...
"No, thanks anyways!" I called out as I hurried from the house.  "Gotta run!"

Narcissa raised her eyebrow and shook her head.  "Weird girl..."
I tried finding Dustin at the bistro, but was told that he'd just been fired and that I could find him working in the serving line at the cafeteria.  Ouch.  How the mighty have fallen, I thought.  Well, he'll soon have all the ammunition he needs to get his job back!

"Hi Dustin, thanks for agreeing to talk to me," I told him when he stepped outside to speak with me. "I have some news you are going to LOVE!"

Good thing he paid me my fee because I doubt Narcissa was going to be feeling the love.

I was just stepping inside when my cell phone rang again.  Oh no, not another case, I thought with a sigh.  It turns out Iqbal Alvi is convinced a pair of his designer shoes were stolen when he was last at the day spa.  I told him that I'd come by and see him in the morning.

For now I was going to enjoy spending some time with my family!
"Is that you, babe?" Carmen called out from the bedroom where he was playing with Acai.
I hurried into the room and hugged him tight.  "I missed you so much," I told him.

"I'm just glad you're done with your case!"
The hug turned frisky...
...and we wound up in bed together.
Good thing Acai was just a baby and wouldn't know why the bed was squeaking like that!

 
Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5 (First bladder failure of the challenge! Way to go Carmen!) Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (1) = 5 (Welcome to the ISBI Acai!)
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, Carmen's bladder failire cancelled out the points from Acai's birth! Boo, bad Carmen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dangit Carmen! And it won't be his only bladder failure! Lol. Not only that - but he skipped work because of it!

      But thank GOODNESS Simone closed up that case! Lol

      Delete