Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Chapter 17 - Fishy business...

"You'd better not pee in my car again. I'm not going to carpool with you to work if you do it again," the driver said sourly to Carmen the following morning.

Carmen blushed heavily.  "Sorry," he mumbled under his breath.

"Bad enough I have to drive way out here to the other side of town..." she continued to complain the entire drive in to work.


As promised, I headed down to the salon to meet Iqbal about his designer shoes.  I'm sure he won't mind if I brought Acai.  I couldn't just leave her at home!
I walked in while he was in the process of helping Jocasta Bachelor choose a new formal dress.  Must be nice to have that kind of money, I thought sourly.

I cleared my throat. Loudly.
"Oh! Mrs. Fisher!" Iqbal greeted me excitedly.

I interrupted, "It's actually, Mrs. Persimmon."

"Oh, but of course, I'm so sorry.  I thought your maiden name was Persimmon."

"It was," I said pleasantly.

This seemed to throw Iqbal.

"So about those designer shoes?" I prodded.  He thought it was weird I kept my maiden name. I thought it was weird he had designer heels.

Iqbal flushed and hustled me away from his customer.

"I think it was Zelda Mae. She always eyes my beautiful shoes," he told me.

"Right, so I'll track Zelda down," I promised, turning to leave.

Oh plumbbob... "Where's the bathroom?" I asked urgently.
Rushing in, I glanced around the bathroom for somewhere to set Acai.  (AN:  Don't do it, Simone! Don't do it!)

I set her down on the floor.  (AN: Oh God, she did it... EWWWWWWW.... On the floor of a public restroom.)
UGH...

I hurried into the nearest stall.
*retching noises*
"I'm so sorry, Acai. Mommy will make it up to you," I soothed my baby, snuggling her.

"Simone! Thanks to you, I have my old job back! Narcissa is working the cafeteria line!" Dustin Langerak said happily.

"I'm so glad that worked out for you!" I told him.  "I'm here to see Zelda?"

"Right this way, come on in," Dustin said, leading me inside.
He pointed in the direction of the bar.
"Zelda, I'm here on behalf of Iqbal Alvi. He seems to think you might have accidentally wound up with his designer shoes." I said.

"You're kidding, right? Like, what would I do with Iqbal's shoes?" She asked hotly.  "His shoes would never fit me!"  I glanced down at her feet and held my tongue.  Those were some big feet.
Just then, I happened to notice my beautiful diamond ring sparkling in the sunlight. 
I sighed wistfully, holding my hand out.  "I can't believe it's real!"

Zelda shrugged. "I get that a lot," she said nonchalantly.

Dustin cleared his throat from the other room, sending her a questioning glance.  "Was that all you needed?" he asked.

"Actually," I said.  "I would love to dust for some prints. You don't mind, do you?"

Zelda opened her mouth to protest, but Dustin overrode her, saying that I could do anything I needed to do.  I guess he was still happy I got him his job back.

He was less than thrilled that I was messing with his oven.

"Don't worry, the powder cleans right off," I promised with my fingers behind my back again.  How did I know? I hadn't attempted to clean it yet!
Seeing Parker across the room gave me an idea...


I hurried home and dropped off Acai with Carmen.  "I have to go back out tonight, sweetie. I'll be back soon," I whispered, kissing his cheek.


Parker Langerak had his hand in a lot of funny business, I wouldn't doubt if I found some evidence of the shoes near the Fort Gnome Military Base.

Hmm... nothing, though.  Where else could I look.
Going off a hunch and something Iqbal had said in passing, I headed down to the central park and looked near the pond.


Eureka!  I found the shoes! At least the prints left by the shoes.  Someone came to this spot to fish while wearing heels.  That just doesn't seem too comfortable.  I should hack the spa's client database to see what other clues I could find.  (AN:  Hilariously, I just got a pop-up saying that Iqbal got a job as an angler...  Fishy business!)

Heading home, I slipped into bed beside Carmen.


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5
Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (1) = 5
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total =  -19

2 comments:

  1. Ew, don't put your baby on the restroom floor, Simone! D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was absolutely horrified! Lol. Bad enough she took the baby to work with her, but to leave her on the FLOOR! Lol

      Delete