Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Chapter 18 - A first birthday party...

I hummed slightly off-key as I cooked my first meal in the house. Mac n' cheese! Mmmm...

"I can't believe you're making macaroni for breakfast," Carmen said as he headed to grab Acai.

"You're just mad I'm not making hot dogs," I teased.
Carmen was a natural when it came for caring for his daughter.  He loved playing with her.
Aw, I burned it, I thought sadly when the beautiful, powdery orange cheese turned black.  Shrugging, I ate it anyways. I was that hungry.

And it was still good.
After feeding and changing Acai, then rocking her to sleep, Carmen got started on his day.
He cleaned the dishes, gathered up old newspapers, cleaned the shower and the nasty toilet!  (AN: Have I mentioned how much I love Carmen?)

Meanwhile, I headed to the computer and made sure the firewalls were up when I began to hack into the spa database.

Interesting.  I've narrowed it down to two.. men? That's quite strange, but hey, I don't pick the suspects. I should speak to the first one, Gus Hart, about the missing shoes.
Maybe after my nap.

"Thanks so much for cleaning!" I told Carmen before my birthday party began.  "I was surprised I slept so long!"

I threw quite a big party for Acai's 1st birthday.  Some of my friends came & some of Carmen's friends came. I was quite surprised to see how well he'd hit it off with Parker.  Hopefully Parker never thought to compare notes with Carmen...

Awkward...
"Wanna meet Acai?" I asked Leighton, leading him back to the bedroom.  I knew how much he loved babies.

"And when's the new addition due?" he asked, smiling at my mid-section.

"What new addition?" I asked.

He glanced up at me in surprise.  "You do realize you're pregnant again, right?"

Oh for the love of plumbbob. No wonder I had problems zipping up my dress for the party!  "Whoa... wait until I tell Carmen!" I said, stunned.  Two babies under two.  Life was about to get crazy.

Acai's wails distracted me from those morbid thoughts.
"Does this thing ever stop crying?" Thorton Wolff asked, slightly shaking Acai.

"Thorton! Stop! Don't shake the baby!" I snapped. "Put her down!"

Thorton just looked at me with confusion across his face and tucked Acai against his chest.

I sighed.  People loved grabbing babies that didn't belong to them.  "She needs a diaper change," I said, thinking that would have him handing Acai over in 5 seconds flat.

Nope.  I wracked my brain. How else to make someone release your baby?  I know.  Something that required two hands.  "Shaka bra!" I said, waving my hands in the surfer greeting.

"Oh, hold on a moment," Thorton said, laying Acai in her crib. "Shaka..."

I pointed at Leighton sternly. "Not on your life, buddy. Don't even think about picking her up!" I rushed to the crib and grabbed Acai before any other well-meaning guests could stall me.  Quickly, I changed her diaper and fed her.

"Ah, good job," Thorton nodded in approval.  "She's stopped crying."

(AN: I hate it when guests grab the baby and then just snuggle and play with them.  If you're going to grab the baby, change a diaper and feed them! At the very least, let the mother actually get to them! Lol!)

"Time to blow the candles out on the cake!" I called out, attempting to draw everyone's attention.
Really, it was only Carmen and I that seemed to care.

"Alright, Acai!" Carmen cheered and clapped.  He was so cute. He totally got into it! One of the many things I loved about him, I thought with a smile.
I blew the candles out. 

"Happy birthday, Acai," I said, setting her on the floor.

I snagged a plate of lobster thermidor before it was all gone.  I would probably never again in my life have access to lobster thermidor!

I finished the last bite and shrugged.  Mac n' cheese was still better!
Tired, and glad all our company was gone, I headed into the bedroom and laid down. 
I didn't even realize that Carmen had decided to sleep outside again.



Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5
Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (1) = 5
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -19

2 comments:

  1. Awesome how Carmen decided to clean the house! You reallly snagged a good one there, Simone ;)

    ReplyDelete