Friday, September 25, 2015

Chapter 3 - The Friend Zone

 I have a new case. Miraj Alvi has called me to find his missing mouthwash.  He had strong suspicions that it was his pesky older brother.
"Dad, a social worker is here again talking to Miraj..."

"Dammit! I'll go call the lawyer..."
As Miraj's older brother skipped down the front steps to head to school, I stepped in front of him.  "Hold it buddy.  What do you know about Miraj's missing mouthwash?"

The kid scoffed and denied it all.  "I don't know nothing about no missing mouthwash!" he said defensively. 
Hmm... it was going to take too long to break this kid.  
"Here... $25. Now tell me where you hid it."

VJ snatched the cash from my hand and pocketed it.  "Stupid Miraj! I can't believe he spent money to find his stupid mouthwash!" he snickered.  
So glad I was brought in to solve petty household rivalries...
 I felt bad about pulling Miraj out of school to give him the news. But, I needed to get paid.  I was down to my last $25.

(I've never seen them stalled like this getting into school. I think Miraj mucked up the line waiting for me to talk to him!)
"So he said he was sorry and promised to never hide your mouthwash again," I told him, crossing my fingers behind my back.

Miraj grinned so sweetly, I felt a little bit guilty.  He pulled my fee out of his bookbag.  What's a sweet kid like Miraj is doing with that wad of cash? I wondered. I shook my head. None of my business.
"Get to school!"

I headed down to Rotten Row to visit the consignment store.  Now that I had some cash, I couldn't wait to buy some stuff to fill my house! 
 Walking into Landgraab Swap n' Sell, I glanced around at the offerings.  Meh...
 "Hi, can I help you?" a tall, handsome man asked as he walked up to me.   Oooo.. maybe he was the one...
"The name's Connor Frio," he said as he shook my hand in greeting.

Nope. No heart farts. I promptly filed him into the Friend Zone.
He was real good at his job, though.  He helped me select a few items and then we haggled over prices.
"Uhh... you're not supposed to be back here!" Connor said when I slipped around the counter.
"I was thinking that it's almost time for the shop to close. Maybe you'd like to go hang out with me at The Grind. I'm new to town and looking for some friends!"

"Sure! That sounds great!" Connor said. "I've actually never been there."

"Oh, you're going to love it!" I promised.
"Hey, bartender! I'd like a large pizza, please!"

I glanced back and saw Connor making a face as he looked around the dance club.  Guess it wasn't his cup of tea!
Connor and I grabbed a slice and headed over to the tables.  I was a little miffed that he sat at the table next to me, but whatever.  I was too hungry to care! 

"HEY SIMONE!" I heard someone call to me from the dance floor and glanced up.

"HANK! What the heck are you doing here?" I called back. "I work with him!" I told Connor with a grin.

"Come dance!" Hank beckoned.
Laughing, I hopped up and joined him.  Too bad he was engaged. I couldn't help but notice how killer he looked in his uniform.

Connor glanced around, apparently feeling abandoned.  Quietly, he slipped away as I boogied with Hank.
Time for one more drink and then I was calling it a night.  Hank and I headed to the bar.  "One Glow Goo for me," Hank told the bartender as I stifled a large yawn.
Poor Duane's eyes grew wide when he saw Hank in his uniform.  His hands were shaky as he tried to mix the drink.  When he dropped it, he stammered an excuse.  "Drinks on the house!" he promised, reaching for another glass to try again.

Hank glanced over at me.  "You think I make him nervous?"
"Good luck with that!" I called out, heading for the door.  
Back home, I sighed with pleasure when I saw my second-hand bed had been delivered.  Then promptly went to sleep in my sleeping bag.


Torch Holders: 1 (Duh - I can't believe I forgot to give myself a point for Simone!)
Sim Failing School: 0
Visit from Service Sim: 0
Passing Out: 0
Self-Urination: 0
Accidental Deaths: 0
Social Worker Visit: 0
Births: 0
Twin Births: 0
Triplet Births: 0
Fulfilling LTW: 0
Achieving Honor Roll: 0
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: 0
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: 0
Every 100,000 dollars: 0
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: 0
Cheat Penalty: 0

2 comments:

  1. Now she even has a bed! Being a PI must pay well. That date with Connor Frio was exactly how one would expect a date with Connor Frio to go... lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Connor! Such a stick in the mud! Gosh, it's been so long since I played PI, I can't remember how much they're paid. But, I think they do make pretty good money!

      Delete