Saturday, September 26, 2015

Chapter 4 - Lucky kind of day...

Who calls at 7 in the morning anyways?! I grumbled as I searched for my phone.  Perfect. The stupid station calling because they wanted me to help with the glitchy investigation again. "Sure, I'll be right there," I told Hank sourly.  (AN: I've started treating the glitchy opportunity as a call to do some low level work at the station.)
I wound up paling around with Hank all morning and as a result, he passed me a primo case! Nick Alto wants to hire me do some cyber warfare.  I rubbed my hands with glee. Maybe it involves data theft & piracy! I couldn't wait!
But, first, since they don't feed me at the police station, I had to stop by the Business Complex's cafeteria.  Yay! They had macaroni.

Who said I was unlucky, anyways?!
It was a little unnerving walking up the front steps to the Alto residence.  You could tell they had power, money & connections. 
 I rang the doorbell and then waited.  And waited...
Finally he appeared and told me that Buster Clavell had been saying mean things about him online.

"Wait. What?" I was stunned.  "What about the cyber espionage?! The piracy!"

He looked at me blankly.

Some days I hated my job.
I headed down to the public library. Wanted to keep things as anonymous as possible.
 I literally ran into Christopher Steel when I ran inside. "Umph," I said as our chests collided.  "So sorry!"

He smiled kindly.  "No problem. Nice to see you again!"
Embarrassed, I literally ran away.
And hid in the bathroom.  Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

(AN: She literally had to run to the bathroom before she made a mess!)
I headed over to the study stations, all handily equipped with computer, research materials & reading nook.   I loved this library.
In no time, I'd finished hacking Buster's computer and removed the comments.  Unable to control myself, I made a few inappropriate posts regarding Buster.  I might've even called him a 'noopen poopen.'

I snickered under my breath. That'll teach him!
"Case closed Mr. A,"  I told him, balling up his work order and tossing it away.  "If you ever need me for anything... more serious work... you have my number!"

I don't know why everyone said Nick was such a bad guy. He actually stayed outside and chatted with me for a bit.  I made a slight conversational mis-step when I asked if he was married.
 "I can ruin you!" he shouted, sticking his finger in my face.
"Whoa.. no need to do all that!" I said, taking a quick step back."I'll just be going now!"
 And for the second time today, I ran away from an awkward situation.
I cursed under my breath as I ran home. Those damn contractors didn't put the siding on the house. How did I not notice that?!

First thing tomorrow I was going to get them over here to finish the job & maybe even add a toilet and shower!
 But right now. I was headed to sleep.


"HANK IT'S MIDNIGHT! You've GOT to be kidding me!" I yelled into the phone when I answered the call from the station.  "Oh, sorry Chief Keaton. Sure. I can come in.  No, of course it's not a problem to come help with the investigation," I lied.
2 hours of work and all I got was $20. Thanks a lot. that barely pays for the cab fare home!


Torch Holders: 1
Sim Failing School: 0
Visit from Service Sim: 0
Passing Out: 0
Self-Urination: 0
Accidental Deaths: 0
Social Worker Visit: 0
Births: 0
Twin Births: 0
Triplet Births: 0
Fulfilling LTW: 0
Achieving Honor Roll: 0
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: 0
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: 0
Every 100,000 dollars: 0
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: 0
Cheat Penalty:0

2 comments:

  1. Still no luck with the males! I wonder if there are actually enough bachelors to choose from in SV...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Psh! At that point, I didn't care if they were married or not! I was looking for a love connection! Lol

      Delete