Saturday, September 26, 2015

Chapter 5 - The graveyard shift.

Thankfully, I actually got to sleep in today! I woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and took myself down to the Bistro for a quick meal before heading in to work. 
 I'd just taken my first bite when my phone started ringing.  Sighing, I scarfed down the meal.
 "Hello?" I answered as I swallowed the last bite.

When I heard Buster Clavell introduce himself, I damn near choked on that bite.  Apparently he wanted to blackmail someone...  (AN: Oh man, I would love it if he wanted to blackmail Nick Alto since he just had me hack Buster's computer! Lol!)
"Someone called me a noopen poopen, pardon my language," he apologized, continuing on, "And I have a good idea of who it is!"

I laughed nervously. "Who would do such a thing?"

*Awkward*

"I bet it's that Finkel kid that lives behind me!"
I latched onto Buster's suggestion and looked through Abraham's mail and trash, hoping that I'd find something to give Buster.
"Sorry, Buster, the kid's squeaky clean. I don't think he's your guy."

Buster shook his head sadly. "I was so sure," he said, turning to go inside.

At work, Hank told me to head over to the City Hall for a special reward for solving my first 3 cases.

"But Hank, that was a few cases ago!" I protested.  What? Did people not pay attention to this kind of thing?

He just shrugged. 

The Honor Trophy was pretty funky.  It was like a big bowling ball on stilts.  What the heck?  I thanked the Mayor anyways for helping keep the town safe.

*scoffs*

Back home, I squealed when I saw the siding on my house.  Yay! The contractors had come!
And I had an actual, real-life BATHROOM!

"I think I love you, toilet!" I said tenderly.
Stripping my clothes off, I hopped in my brand spanking new shower. 
Padding back into my room, I admired my Private Eye door.  And the light.  Reaching up, I pulled the string. Lights off.  I pulled again.  Lights on

Hearing my phone ring, I pulled out my phone.  "What? Right now?" I asked. "I was about to go to bed, Hank!"

Hank begged for some backup on his stakeout.  He'd gotten word that some funny business would be going down at the graveyard because it was a full moon.

Ooo... intriguing!

"Hey, thanks for coming out last minute!" Hank said as he walked up to greet me. 
I glanced around the graveyard and shivered. And then I saw the Grim Reaper.

"Oh Plumbbob! He's come back for me!" I yelped in fear.

Hank glanced back. "The statue?"
"Have I ever told you how much I hate graveyards?" I asked Hank, keeping my eye on the Grim Reaper statue.

He chuckled. "What? Are you a scaredy-cat?" he teased.

"Of course not!" I protested while simultaneously thinking, "Uh, yes, yes I am!"
I hid in the bushes and observed my side of the cemetery.
Finally, after midnight, Hank came over and tapped me on the shoulder.  "Welp, looks like we're not going to find anything strange going on here tonight. You can head home now."
"You mean I sat here in a GRAVEYARD for nothing?!" I demanded. (AN: It's her own fault. She had a wish to go to the graveyard on a full moon. Hank was just along for the ride!)

Hank shrugged. "I was just going off a tip," he said.
"Yeah, well, here's a tip for you!" I said crabbily, holding up my middle finger as I ran off. 


Sometime later... "Alright, the mortals have gone now. Let's party!"


Torch Holders: 1
Sim Failing School: 0
Visit from Service Sim: 0
Passing Out: 0
Self-Urination: 0
Accidental Deaths: 0
Social Worker Visit: 0
Births: 0
Twin Births: 0
Triplet Births: 0
Fulfilling LTW: 0
Achieving Honor Roll: 0
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: 0
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: 0
Every 100,000 dollars: 0
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: 0
Cheat Penalty: 0

2 comments:

  1. Simone's house is becoming cuter and cuter! That noopen poopen thinng had me laugh so much when I played a PI for the first time XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the quests were pretty funny, too. I couldn't help but use some of the language in the story. :) A noopen poopen, seriously - where do they come up with this stuff? Lol

      I really liked her house - ugly orange walls & all! Lol

      Delete