Saturday, September 26, 2015

Chapter 6 - A day at the beach...

I slept the day away since Hank had kept me up all night.  Well, that sounded wrong...
 I decided to head to the library to crank out a stakeout report. It might help further my investigative career.
But first... jam & bread at the library cafe.  I was starving! 
As I headed upstairs, my hip started buzzing.  Flipping open the phone, I answered.  I had a new case.  Hank's fiance was begging me to help her find her wallet before he found out that she lost it... again..

Looks like the stakeout report would have to wait!
I hurried over to her house and determined the last place she'd seen it was at the beach.
Piece of cake, I thought.  I headed down to the beach with my magnifying glass and snooped around for clues.  Man, I wish I'd brought my bikini! It would've been nice to lay out in the sun!

AH HA! I thought when I found her driver's license on the ground.  No wallet, though. 
I went to talk to a few neighbors.  Claire Ursine laughed that wallets were for chumps and people with money.  Holly Alto said sometimes she couldn't even find her own wallet.  I gave her my card.  Nothing like future business!
No luck, though, I thought with dismay.  This would be the first case I couldn't solve.  I knocked on Pauline's door with a heavy heart.
"Hey, what are you doing here?" Hank asked me when he opened the door.

"I've been scouting around for clues to find Pauline's missing wallet." I shook my head. "I... I came up short."

"Huh," Hank said grunted in surprise.  (AN: In my mind, Hank is eating a sub sandwich during this conversation. I don't know why.  Too many PI shows maybe?)  "Leighton Sekemoto called the station earlier today and said he found a wallet with no identification in it... do ya think..."
"Well, why didn't you say so?!" I demanded.
 
 The sun was setting as I ran down the beach to the water's edge.
"Hi, are you the guy that reported the lost wallet?" I asked, valiantly trying not to drool over his muscles.

"I did," he replied cautiously.

"Great, I'm here to return it to it's rightful owner!" I said brightly.
He was regarding me suspiciously.  "But how do I know you're who you say you are?" he asked tentatively.  "Maybe I should just turn it in to the police."

Looks like I was going to have to convince him to turn it over so I could collect my reward.
I smiled brightly and stuck my hand out.  "The name's Simone Persimmon," I said sweetly.  "Nice to meet you!"

We chatted for what felt like hours! I learned that Leighton was family-oriented, he was a toddler coach, and most importantly, single!  Could a man be any more perfect for me? I wondered absently.

But no heart farts...

Seriously, would I ever meet my true love?

I finally sweet-talked Leighton into giving me the wallet.  And surprisingly, all the money was still there!

What a guy!

Torch Holders: 1
Sim Failing School: 0
Visit from Service Sim: 0
Passing Out: 0
Self-Urination: 0
Accidental Deaths: 0
Social Worker Visit: 0
Births: 0
Twin Births: 0
Triplet Births: 0
Fulfilling LTW: 0
Achieving Honor Roll: 0
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: 0
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: 0
Every 100,000 dollars: 0
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: 0
Cheat Penalty: 0

1 comment:

  1. No heart farts with Leighton? Aww, I really hope Simone finds someone!

    ReplyDelete