Sunday, September 27, 2015

Chapter 9 - Caught sandy-handed...

I felt like I'd only crawled into bed when my phone was ringing again.
"Are you even listening to me?" Ilianna Langerak demanded as I listed sleepily to the side.

I straightened up.  "Yes. Missing car," I parroted.

She regarded me suspiciously.

A horrible thought occurred to her.  "This isn't a lousy piece of lawn art, is it?"

Ilianna blinks.

"Your presence at my house is starting to become tedious..." Nick Alto threatens.
"I'm sorry! I just have to ask a few questions," I promised.

It turns out that this fellow is slick.  My questions bounced off him like a smooth pebble skipped across a pond.  He did manage to slip up and mention something about covering his sandy tracks.  Sounds like something fishy is going on down at the beach.
I found tire tracks that I'm willing to bet match up with Ilianna's missing car. 
I'm going to get to the bottom of this...
Nothing suspicious going on here, though...

Although, my stomach rumbles.
A girl's got to eat sometime!
Back to sleuthing and I spy something very suspicious!  Parker Langerak, Ilianna's son, and Monika Morris.  I'd already investigated her for hacking into the library database. What other sort of under-handed dealing was she involved in?
Very suspicious, indeed!
Was that money Parker just passed Monika?

(AN: Oh my gosh! I've never seen any suspicious activity on a stakeout before! This cracked me up! The game actually tried to tell me that it was Connor Frio selling pieces of the car out of the back of the consignment shop, but I know what I saw! Parker was caught sandy-handed!)

I managed to sneak a little closer and overheard him talking about selling the parts of the car for scrap.

And to think, I'd kissed him!
Nothing to it, I needed to break the news to Ilianna that her son had sold off her beloved car for scrap metal.

With family like that, who needed enemies?!


Torch Holders: 1
Sim Failing School: 0
Visit from Service Sim: 0
Passing Out: 0
Self-Urination: 0
Accidental Deaths: 0
Social Worker Visit: 0
Births: 0
Twin Births: 0
Triplet Births: 0
Fulfilling LTW: 0
Achieving Honor Roll: 0
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: 0
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: 0
Every 100,000 dollars: 0
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: 0
Cheat Penalty: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment