Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Chapter 1 - So it begins...

Hi, I'm Simone Persimmon.  I'd heard great things about Sunset Valley for years, so I finally decided to cash all my chips in and see if I could scratch out a living here.
I bought a piece of land dirt cheap & decided that I could rough it until I was able to build my own place.  See, sleeping bag.

I glanced over towards my neighbor on the left... 
 ...then my neighbor on the right.  Oh they were going to love me!

I knew exactly what I was going to do first, too!
I headed through town until I arrived at the police station.  I couldn't wait to begin my work as a private investigator!
I just had a great feeling about this!

 ***

My very first client was a woman named Jamie Jolina.  She was convinced that Tori Kimura was working for a small criminal organization in town. She wanted some evidence so that she could conduct a citizen's arrest.

"What do you do again?" I asked, nonplussed.
"I'm a trauma surgeon, why?" she asked with a raised brow.

"Oh. No reason."
*awkward* "Okay, so yeah, I'll be going now."
Time to get some dirt digging in mailboxes & garbage cans.  I'm a real pro at that!
"You were right! According to some notes she threw away, Tori is a crony in the local crime syndicate!"

Jamie squealed with glee and clapped her hands, apparently very excited to be able to perform a citizen's arrest.
Next errand was to attend a logistics class at the Landgraab Industries Science Facility.  PI's like me need to be logical to out-think the morally corrupt & rotten!
Back to the police station for some bragging & rubbing elbows.  Never know when you might need a cop on your side!

AND, I happened to pick up a second case for the day.   
Apparently Mr. Boyd Wainwright thought that Monika Morris was trying to hack the library's database.

I blinked & paused as I took notes.  "The library's database?" I repeated.

Mr. Wainwright enthusiastically nodded.
Back to the Working Girls apartments to check through their mail & garbage.  It didn't take long to find out that Wainwright's suspicions were right!  I found receipts for library hacking software & a special modem for library database infiltration!  What the heck were these girls up to, anyways!

I hurried back to  give Wainwright the news.

Ready for some down-time, I headed to Rotten Row to visit The Grind, the trendy dance club in town.

"I'll take a drink," I called over the music to the bartender. 
"One Alien Brain coming up!" he called back, getting into it.
I slammed the drink back. Mmmm... tasty!
Heading to the dance floor, I lost myself in the music. 
Some guy sidled up beside me and joined me.  "Come here a lot?" he yelled over the music.
Seeing the pale ring around his finger where his wedding ring usually rested, I rolled my eyes and turned away.

Not in this lifetime buddy.
Besides, I was hungry!  And apparently had to pee...
I checked out the bathrooms and cringed.  Eww...
 "Did you know your bathrooms are filthy?" I asked the bartender.

"WHAT?!" he asked, cupping his hand near his ear.

"Your bathrooms are FILTHY!" I said louder.

"HUH?" he repeated.  "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

I sighed and started rambling aimlessly about my lack of a love life and the move and how worried I was.

He nodded his head as I talked, but I secretly thought he couldn't hear me. Until he suggested, "You know, you could always check out the gypsy. She's at the edge of town. My mom swears by her!"
BEST. IDEA. EVER!

I might have been slightly drunk still, but I grabbed a cab and headed straight over to the Gypsy Grotto.
Pushing past the lace, I sat down in front of the mysterious woman and had my palm read.  When she paused and squinted, then asked for $10, I didn't mind paying.  But, when she tried to hit me up for another $22, I figured something was up and left in a huff.
Absolute nonsense! What a waste of money! I huffed.

Oh, look! Jellybeans!

I grabbed one from the bush and popped it in my mouth. 
*sniff* *sniff* Do you smell something?
"OH SWEET MOTHER OF PLUMBBOB, I'M ON FIRE!"

In case you didn't know, contrary to popular belief, being on fire is not good for your health & can lead to symptoms including panic,  burns and death.  Best find some water quickly

I grabbed my cell phone and tried to dial, but I wasn't getting any reception way out here in the boonies. 
Oh, thank plumbbob I'm right next to the waterfall! I ran over towards the edge of the water and prepared to jump in.
But, there was a sign that said no swimming. I mean, you can't just JUMP in a body of water that says no swimming! CRAP! Now what? I wracked my brains trying to decide what my next course of action should be...
 *DIES*
"Am I dead? Is this heaven?"  I asked the forbidding looking guy in black.  I looked around. "Am I going up or down?"
The robed specter just shook his head at me.   "You ate a magical jelly bean?"
 "WHAT?" I asked. "Why are you looking at me like that?! It was good! A little spicy..."
 "Simone, your constant misfortune amuses me and those around you. It would be a shame to take priceless entertainment from them. I'll take you some other day." He waved his hand.
It was the weirdest feeling I've ever felt. It was like I had the wind knocked back INTO me.  I took a great gulp of air.  "Oh my PLUMBBOB!" I gasped.  "Are you for REAL?!"
As the dawn broke across the sky, I realized that I'd been given another chance at life!  There, in the light of day, I got my first good look at the figure in front of me...
*faint*

I've been called a Scaredy-Cat my whole life.  But, it wasn't every day when your life flashed before your eyes and you actually met the Grim Reaper!
I came back to my senses and saw Grimmy arguing with no one in particular.  I bit my lip.  "So, it's been real nice, but I... uh... gotta run..." I stammered awkwardly.  "Thanks for saving my life!"
I hurried away.
Hopping in the backseat of a cab, I glanced behind me and watched the Grim Reaper yell at the air.  "Step on it," I told the cabbie.
"So, just going home, huh?" she asked, making small talk.  "Must've been some night!"

"Lady, you have NO idea..."
Getting home, I glanced at my empty lot and my little sleeping bag.  Crap. The contractors hadn't come yet.

I buried my face in my hands, exhausted beyond belief.

Maybe roughing it in Sunset Valley wasn't going to work.
Sighing, I knew I was too tired to think straight and slipped into my sleeping bag - exhausted, stinky, and yet... somehow... alive.

Being unlucky had never been a good thing for me before....

Torch Holders: 0
Sim Failing School: 0
Visit from Service Sim: 0
Passing Out: 0
Self-Urination: 0
Accidental Deaths: ?  (I almost wonder if that would count for the Accidental Death. Lol!)

Social Worker Visit: 0
Births: 0
Twin Births: 0
Triplet Births: 0
Fulfilling LTW: 0
Achieving Honor Roll: 0
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: 0
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: 0
Every 100,000 dollars: 0
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: 0

4 comments:

  1. Lol omg I choked on my cereal when I saw her pile of ashes. This is the second ISBI legacy I found where the founder dies in chapter one. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks! I couldn't BELIEVE it when she died! I almost died laughing! I've decided it's going to be tradition for the new heir to get the jellybeans!

      Delete
  2. The one time where it's good to be an unlucky sim! That was really hilarious XD Simone is awesome! I'm happy you have so many stories going on - now I can start reading this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Seriously! I couldn't believe I almost failed 10 seconds into the challenge! Dang jellybeans. I've decided it's going to be a rite of passage for the next generation to eat jellybean, just for grins & giggles. I'll have to make sure I always have a spare!

    I seriously loved doing this challenge! I should get into it again. It's pretty hard for me to do the arcane potion thing, though! But it'll be fun to get to the next generation!

    ReplyDelete