Friday, October 2, 2015

Chapter 21 - Rejection after rejection...

I woke up in the morning, no sign of Carmen in the room.  I sighed heavily and tended to the crying girls. 
Stepping outside to check the mail, I sighed with relief when I saw Carmen bundled up in the sleeping bag.  Of course, I also felt an urge to kick the sleeping bag.


What kind of family member would send that weird doll to my child? I wondered.  I made a mental note to grab it and hide it the second Acai put it to the side. 
I grabbed Acai and practiced using the big girl potty as Carmen sauntered inside and began playing with Bitter Melon.

He looked like he didn't even lose a wink of sleep worrying over their relationship.

I felt another powerful urge to kick him.
I reached down and smoothed my hands down the side of my belly.  I'd put on a few pounds since the girls' birth, but that couldn't be the reason he was turning me down, could it?
As he walked by, I took a chance and gave him a shy kiss.  Just a gentle meeting of the lips.  "Good morning," I said sweetly.  "I missed you last night."
"Yeah, about that, I'm sorry," he apologized again.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

Carmen shook his head.

"Look, if it's a problem... there... then the doctors can help..." I pressed forward.
"Just leave it alone!" Carmen snapped.

I glared angrily.   "FINE!"  I stormed off in a huff.


I went in the bathroom while Carmen was showering and attempted to join him with no luck.  I don't know about him, but I thought we'd had a lot of special moments in that shower!

I ran my fingers over my cheeks.   Was it because I turned 30? 
Was that a wrinkle?  I pulled on my face to smooth the lines I thought I saw.
"What are doing?" Carmen asked as he stepped out of the shower and saw me making faces in the mirror.
"Why don't you WANT me anymore?" I asked, near tears. "And why won't you talk to me about it? Am I too old? Too wrinkly? Do you want a divorce? WHAT?!"
Carmen grabbed me by the shoulders and looked me in the eyes.  "It's none of those," he promised.  "It's just that.. I don't want another baby.  And the best way I know of preventing that is abstinence," he told me.  "It's not that I don't want you."

I was stunned.  "You don't want any more babies?" I asked, surprised. 

Carmen pushed on, "I made an appointment with the Dr. Landgraab about getting snipped.  Are you okay with that?"

My mouth opened and closed a few times.  "I don't know," I hedged.  Now it was my turn to run away.  I didn't know how I felt about it!  We'd never really talked about family planning before.  But, I kind of wanted a little boy.


Carmen sighed as his wife ran from the bathroom after he announced his news.  Well that could've gone better, he admitted.  Although, to be honest, turning down woohoo with his lovely wife had been hard.  He'd had to sleep outside to avoid temptation and take freezing cold showers.

He stepped back into the shower and started scrubbing.
 "Oh plumbbob, Simone," he interrupted her lesson with Acai, "Do you ever clean out the big girl potty?"

I flicked him an annoyed look.


I took Bitter Melon to the cake and called Carmen to join me.

You know what, screw this. I'm just not feeling it.
 I put down Bitter Melon next to her sister...
 ...and slipped into bed.

Maybe tomorrow would be better...

 "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Carmen cheered and clapped.


Bitter Melon glanced across the room at the doll her sister was playing with.  She had one too!  She pulled out her doll and began playing with it, too.


 Carmen stared at the cake.  Well, that had been a disaster. Simone wasn't talking to him...
He ate his piece of cake in silence.  Guess he'd be sleeping in the doghouse sleeping bag tonight...

This is getting ridiculous, I thought when I woke up sometime in the middle of the night and realized I was alone... again...
 I gave in to the urges I'd been having all day and kicked him in the sleeping bag.
 "OW, what the hell was that for?" Carmen growled as he sat up.
 "You dummy, I love you," I told him, reaching for his hands.  "If you don't want another baby, then we can take precautions. We don't have to try for a baby, you know! This isn't the middle ages!"

"You're not mad?" Carmen asked.

"I'm only mad that you didn't think to talk to me about it before now."
 Carmen kissed me.  "I've missed you so much!" he said, eagerly running his hands over my body.  "You think this will work?"

"Sure! What can go wrong?" I asked naively.
We hurried into the bedroom.  "Mommy and Daddy are going to talk for a little bit, girls.  We'll come get you in a little bit," I said as I closed the door, locking it. 



Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5
Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (2) = 10
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -14


2 comments:

  1. Is that a sneaky way to get a little boy after all, Simone? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Why Carmen, WHY won't you woo hoo with your wife? I had to trick him into bed with her! ;)

      Delete