Friday, October 2, 2015

Chapter 23 - Pushing me away...

My pregnancy was progressing fine...

My marriage... not so much...
 "Good morning, sweetie," I said, leaning in to kiss Carmen good morning.

He immediately pulled back.

"Good morning," he said with a small smile.
 He stroked my shoulder in a lame attempt to lessen the sting of rejection.
 "That's what got us in this boat in the first place," he told me.

Apparently, Carmen really wasn't looking forward to baby #3...
 

This called for a double helping of double fudge ice cream, I thought as I powered through the chocolate dessert for breakfast.

That's right. For breakfast. 

It didn't matter anyways because my husband wanted nothing to do with me!
"Come on, Bitter Melon. We're going to play outside," I called, watching Bitter Melon crawl after me.
 "Remember what we practiced?" I asked, setting Acai in the grass and stepping back away from her.

Acai screwed her face up, concentrating, and started toddling forward.

"Almost there," I encouraged her as she wobbled and weaved.

Acai flung herself into my arms.

"You did it!" I cheered.

"Acai, you  need to start cleaning up," I told her as I came in the room after my nap.  "Your birthday party is going to be starting soon."

"My birthday!" she clapped happily.
 I began a mad dash of cleaning.  Sink - cleaned. Toilet - scrubbed. Dishes - done.
 Ugh. How had I let the house get so dirty? I thought tiredly.


"Hi, thanks for coming!" I greeted my old friend Leighton and Carmen's coworker, River.
Birthday cake time was now or never, I thought, exhausted and a little unsteady on my feet.  Our friends gathered around to clap and cheer.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" we sang as Acai blew the candles out on her cake.

PHHBBBBTTTT!  She sprayed little droplets of spit all over the cake.  I shrugged.  I'd still eat it...
(AN: Apparently, there wasn't enough room inside for Acai to age up.  Simone put her in the stroller and walked her down towards the back of the house and then set her down on the ground.  Nice job, Mom.  Go to bed.)
Acai watched her Mom hurry back inside.

Why'd she do that? she wondered.  The party's inside!

She hurried back inside. 
 She couldn't wait to have a piece of cake!
After finishing her cake, she headed into the kitchen and starting putting away all the leftovers. 
 "I was going to eat that, Acai!" I snapped when Acai pulled the cake from under my nose.

"Sorry, Mom!" she apologized, embarrassed.

(AN: I didn't have a picture of it, but Simone sat down to eat her cake and Acai grabbed it from her before she had a chance to lift her fork.  Simone trailed her to the refrigerator. I about died laughing.)
I wanted cake, too.


Acai glanced around the newly constructed kids room and smiled.   It was peeeeerfect!  Her mom and dad had even found these awesome fish-themed sheets!  She couldn't wait to go fishing with her dad one day! 
 She climbed into bed and snuggled under the covers and fell fast asleep.


 "Come on, Bitter Melon, it's time to..."

(AN: I don't know what it is about the routing in this house, but to pick the kids up, they have to go into the master bedroom.  Doesn't matter if you're in the kids room or not.  They walk alllllll the way to the master bedroom and then walk alllll the way back.)
 Umpf... I grunted when I felt the contractions start.
Carmen leaped from the bed.  You'd think after doing this a time or two, he'd be much calmer in the face of her delivery, I thought uncharitably.
A few hours later, I shot a glare over my shoulder.  Okay, apparently he wasn't all that worked about it anyways...
 I wish I could sleep, I thought irritably as I pushed my way through the next contraction.
It was all worth it when I held my sweet little boy in my arms.

I could only hope the same would be true of Carmen...
"Sleep well, little man," I said as I laid him in his crib.
"Lights out," I told Bitter Melon.

Then, with a big yawn, I headed to my room...
...and snuggled up against my husband.

At least he didn't push me away when we were asleep...


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5
Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15 (Happy birth day Citron!)
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -9

2 comments:

  1. Simone got her boy in the end :D

    I get that weird routing thing too sometimes! No idea why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go Simone! She really wanted that boy!

      The routing is the worst sometimes! It'll be nice when they get a little bit more money to expand. Lol.

      Delete