Friday, October 2, 2015

Chapter 24 - Back in the saddle!

Carmen loved his son so much!

He cradled Citron gently in his arms, rocking him back and forth.

It was hard to stay mad at Simone!  Especially since he couldn't imagine his life without his little boy!  
It was Acai's first day at school.  She got on the bus with little fanfare and no official send-off.


"I haven't been able to work in what feels like years," I told Carmen.  "Iqbal has been waiting for me to find his designer shoes!"

"Well, if you're sure..." Carmen said reluctantly.  "I guess I could watch the kids..."
"Thanks sweetie," I said, hurrying away before he could change his mind.


It just so happened that I found my first suspect at the salon.  This was quite suspicious.  I attempted to cajole a confession from Gus, with no luck.  You think a man would come clean when being confronted about stealing a lady's shoes. Nope. Gus wouldn't say a word, but perhaps a bribe of a few Simoleons will loosen his lips.
I pulled out my thin stack of money and counted off 25 ones...
...handing it over reluctantly.
"Thanks for the tip," Gus chuckled, pocketing my hard-earned money.  "Sucker!"

I gasped in shock.
Eyes narrowed, I glared him down.  Nobody took advantage of Simeon Persimmon... No One....
I jumped Gus and wrestled him into submission, putting him in a headlock, twisting his arm behind his back, and there might've even been some biting and hair pulling.
"Okay! Okay! I give!" Gus called out, tapping out.  "What'd you want to know anyway?"
"That's more like it!" I snapped.  He copped to loving a pair of sensible heels, but claims he wasn't the one who took the shoes.

I pulled out my notepad and consulted my notes.  It seems I would need to track down the second suspect...

Meanwhile, Carmen began painting a picture on the easel they'd bought for Acai. 



While I was at the salon, I decided I might need a whole new look.  Maybe something that made me look hip... and young...

 I had a husband to entice back to my bed!
"Turn... turn... turn..." Lisa said with a bored tone, "Okay. Stop!" Reaching behind her, she pulled some clothes off a rack and presented them to me triumphantly.
Umm... no...  I thought with a frown.

Hurriedly, I changed back into my clothes.  I bet Iqbal would've come up with something more daring, I thought irritably.  I'd seen what he could do with shoes!


"Xavier Clavell?" I asked, hopping out of the taxi and catching the young man by surprise.  "I'd like to ask you a few questions!"

Xavier whirled around. "You're no cop!" he said accusingly.

"I just wanted to find out about Iqbal's designer shoes. Did you take them?"

"Don't know no Iqbal," Xavier shrugged.

I pulled out a picture of the shoes and showed it to Xavier.  "Have you seen these shoes?"

A light went off above Xavier's head. "Ohhhh.... those shoes. I thought those were Zelda Mae's shoes. She's got such big feet." He snickered.  "I was just trying to mess with her!"
Oh, for the love of...

"Do you still have the shoes?" I asked wearily.


Xavier dug around in the back of his truck. "Yeah, they should be back here somewhere..." he said, lifting a tackle box and tossing it carelessly to the side.  "It's been awhile, though.   I completely forgot I even had 'em!" He dropped an old bag of trash onto the driveway.  "I'll find them though..."
Iqbal was delighted to see the return of his beloved shoes, but was a bit horrified when he encountered the smell.  Raw fish don't mix well with designer heels, apparently.  Luckily, I'm not in the shoe cleaning business.  I took my fee and called it a day.  Case closed!


"Dad, I'm trying to do my homework," Acai informed him, the second time he stopped her from completing her work.

Carmen nodded, "Let me just tell you one more thing..."
"Mom! You're home!" Acai called out happily.  Apparently I wasn't in trouble with her anymore!

Carmen turned from me.  "I'm going to go check on the babies."

I sighed.  Apparently I was still in trouble with him...
I hugged Acai.  "How was your first day at school?"  (AN:  And why did they walk to the street to hug each other?)

"It was good, I have a ton of homework, though! On my first day!"  She wrinkled her nose.
"Well, then, it's very important you get that done!" I told her. 
Acai sat down and pulled out her homework.  That's what I was trying to do before they interrupted me!

Carmen finished feeding and changing the little ones.
Then was drawn back to the easel.  (AN:  Acai is supposed to be working on her painting skill so that she can paint a picture of our founder, you know...  Maybe you should back off the easel!)

"A little yellow there... like that..." Carmen said under his breath, concentrating very hard as he painted his masterpiece.

I made the rounds, kissing my kids goodnight.

"Sleep well, Bitter Melon," I said, kissing her forehead.  "Oh, Citron! Where'd you find that Imaginary Friend doll? I hate those things!"  I grabbed it from his crib and tucked it under my arm.  I'd begun to really enjoy throwing them up on the roof.
On my way to bed, I tripped over a different Imaginary Friend doll.  "You guys give me the willies!" I told it, grabbing it up and storming outside to throw it up on the roof with it's friends.


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5
Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -9

2 comments:

  1. The three imaginary friend dolls look kind of cute together like that!

    I just noticed - you're beginning to make up for those negative points slowly but surely. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the imaginary friends look cute throwing their little parties up on the roof. Too bad the stinkers keep escaping!

      Phew... slowly but surely getting some positive points!

      Delete