Friday, October 2, 2015

Chapter 26 - Needing a pick me up...

Since I was home to watch the kids, Carmen used his day off to head down to Mr. Crunches gym.  (AN:  Using Adult Command - Go to Gym & Workout on that Bench!)
It was going to be nice to get a nice work-out in.  He couldn't even remember the last time he'd worked out!  (AN:  Try never...)

 "Bye Mom, see you later!" Acai called out, running for the bus.

"Acai! I forgot to pack you a lunch!" I yelled back from the kids' room.  "Wait a minute and I'll..."

*SLAM* 

"Dammit," I said under myself, consoling myself with the fact that the school surely wouldn't let her starve to death.  They'd offer peanut butter & jelly sandwiches or something if kids forgot lunches.
 "Dammit!" Bitter Melon echoed.

I gasped and glanced down at the toddler in my arms.

"PEANUT BUTTER!" I yelled out suddenly.  I'd heard from someone, somewhere that if you yelled out peanut butter, it made your kid forget about what you said before.

"Dammit!" she repeated.

I sighed. So much for that... 

I should never have taught her to talk, anyways!


Carmen wiped the sweat from his brow and pulled on the weights.  He could feel the burn.  Pretty soon, he'd be able to go up to 30 pounds!  


Acai stepped through the double doors, alarmed that there were no teachers and no bus.  She'd stayed after school for a Painting Class, but she hadn't realized it would be so quiet afterwards.  (AN:  Acai's Child Command was to take a Painting Class!)


How was she supposed to get home?! she worried.
Deciding to wait for her parents to realize she was gone, she plopped on the ground, in full view of the parking area, and began her homework.

She bet it only took her mom 10-15 minutes to realize she needed to pick her up.


 Carmen returned home in a great mood, sore from working out, and incredibly flirty.

"I've missed you," he told me, leaning in close and stroking his hand down my arm.  "I'm sorry I was so unreasonable."
"I've missed you a lot, too."  I could flirt with him all day and night, I thought with a flutter in my stomach, already planning the sweet, sweet woo-hoo that we would have.  Good thing the kids were all taken care of...

"Maybe we could..." he started to suggest...

Wait... were the kids all taken care of?!  Citron - check, Bitter Melon - check... Acai? Where was she?  I frowned.   "Wait, where's Acai?" I asked, interrupting him.

Carmen stopped and thought.  "Wasn't she taking that Painting Class?"

"Oh dammit!" I said, glancing around to make sure Bitter Melon wasn't around.  "I have to go pick her up!"


"Come on, Bitter Melon, let's go get Sister!" I said, putting her into the stroller and heading off.
To make up for forgetting her at the school for so long, we swung by Summer Hill Springs before going home.

"Didn't you say you wanted to fish?" I asked her.

Acai shrugged.
"You can fish if you want to," I offered.  "Bitter Melon and I are just going to practice walking."

Acai shrugged again.  She hadn't talked to me since I'd picked her up.

I heaved a sigh.  Who said this parenting gig was easy?


Carmen painted another picture in the kids' room as Citron slept.  He called this one, hmmm... what would he call this one?  He cocked his head to the side and considered it...


"Go tell Daddy that dinner's almost ready," I said after arriving home with two grumpy children in tow.  Bitter Melon was exhausted and needed a nap & Acai was still mad about being forgotten about.

"But you just opened the box," she argued.

I threw my hands in the air with exasperation.  "It takes minutes to heat up.  Go tell Daddy that dinner's almost ready!"

Acai considered me seriously.  "I'll tell him that you're starting dinner," she informed me.

I made a face at her behind her back.
 "Mommy just started dinner," Acai told her Dad.  "She says it will be ready soon."

"Great, I'll just put Citron down," he said.  "Did you have fun at Painting class?"

Acai shrugged.  "Not really," she said.  "I'm not really that into it..."

"But we got you this really cool easel!" Carmen protested.  "I'd always wanted an easel when I was growing up!"

"I don't mind if you use it," Acai said helpfully.

 "You know, this is the first family dinner we've ever sat down and enjoyed together!" I said brightly, looking forward to a nice dinner conversation.
 "You know, I think you're right," Carmen said after giving it some thought.  "How strange!"
 "May I be excused?" Acai asked, pushing back from the table.


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5
Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -9

2 comments:

  1. Maybe Carmen can paint the heir portrait instead of Acai! He certainly seems more into painting than she is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need someone with a little bit of paint skill! lol

      Delete