Friday, October 2, 2015

Chapter 28 - Check yes or no...

 Crap, I thought, waking up from a sound sleep.  School lunches!
"Come on girls, get up! Brush your teeth & put some clean clothes on! The school bus is going to be here any minute now!" I said, rushing into the kids' room.
"I don't wanna go to school," Bitter Melon complained.  "Can't I start next year?"

"No!" I said, pulling her covers off.  "Get up, get dressed!"
 "Let's see... we have a lot of leftover cake," I said, grabbing a slice.
"ACAI! I was going to EAT that!" I snapped when my breakfast was whisked away before I could take a bite.

"Sorry, Mom!" she answered, chagrined, bringing the cake back to the table.
I'm not sure how she did it, but somehow I wound up eating the salad and she wound up eating my piece of cake!

Little stinker...
 "Gotta go! Bus is here!" Bitter Melon called out, rushing out of the house in a hurry.
 Acai followed along more slowly.  She was not as eager to get back to school.



Two down and one to go, I thought with a smirk as I headed into my room to find another case to solve.

Ack! Someone had broken my computer!  I pulled out a screwdriver and started poking and prodding.  I'd once seen someone do this, I thought as I jabbed the screwdriver in the disk slot.
I heard a metallic clang & grinned when the computer started right up. Man, I was on a roll today!  I checked my email and found something from Xavier Clavell.  Seems he had need of my services...

I nibbled my lip as I considered my options.  I could wait a few days until Carmen was off to watch Citron... or I could just bring him...
I hefted Citron up into my arms.  "Come on Citron.  Want to help Mommy solve a mystery?"  It's not like Xavier would be mixed up in anything illegal!  I laughed at the very idea of it...
I walked up Xavier's front walk and rang the door bell.  "Best behavior," I warned Citron.  I didn't need him blowing any cases for me!
Xavier did a double-glance when he saw Citron in my arms.  "Is that a kid?" he asked, as though he'd never seen one before.

"Don't mind him," I told Xavier. "I haven't even taught him to talk yet.  Everything you say to me will be kept in the strictest of confidences."

Xavier looked a little doubtful, but coughed up the story anyway.  It seemed he was considering proposing to Zelda Mae.  He'd been trying for awhile to get her attention (by trying to steal her designer shoes...) and thought they were both getting old enough that they should just quit playing games.  What he needed from me was dirt on whether or not she would accept his suit.
 Well, the best place to get information sometimes is straight from the horses' mouth.
"Hi, Zelda," I said in greeting.  "I was hoping I could chat with you for a moment."

"Is that a kid?" she asked, staring at Citron as though I were holding a bug in my arms.

"Yes, they're all the rage in accessories this year..." I said sarcastically.

Zelda looked slightly impressed and calculating.

"The thing is, Zelda," I said, changing the subject.  "There's a certain gentleman who would like to know whether or not you'd be interested in pursuing a more long-term relationship with him."

"Oooohh... who is it?" she asked gleefully.

I hedged a moment.  Xavier might not like it if I gave up his name.  "Who do you think it is?" I asked.  Surely Xavier would be at the top of her list...

Zelda mentally ticked off a few names, raising her fingers as she listed them, "Well, there's that Bunch boy, Gage Briody, Gus Hart, don't ask, and... oh! Xavier Clavell!"

I nodded with a gulp.  "Yes. One of them."

Zelda tapped her finger against her chin.  "Hmm... I'll have to consider..." she ambled back inside.
Parker slipped out, as though he'd been eavesdropping.
"Tell any man that's considering marrying her that they'd be certifiably crazy to commit to her!" he whispered to me.  "That woman is never going to settle down!"

I sent him a speaking glance.  

"Thank you for your insight," I said nicely.


 I returned home that evening, apparently just after the rest of the family had eaten.
 Yay, mac n' cheese, I thought happily.

 "So you're not mad at me anymore?" I asked Carmen.

Carmen looked at me with love in his eyes.  "I wouldn't say I was mad.  I guess I was just feeling overwhelmed by the thought of having a third child and then a little resentful that you didn't take my concerns seriously."

I blinked.

"So you're not mad at me anymore?" I repeated.

"Of course, not," Carmen assured me.
"Wanna fool around?" I asked playfully.

Carmen pulled back with a scowl on his face.  "Not on your life!" he said emphatically.
Alrighty then...


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5
Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -9

2 comments:

  1. Carmen likes playing hard to get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY hard to get! Lol. Oh man! I forgot how much I loved Simone!

      Delete