Friday, October 2, 2015

Chapter 29 - No crawling in the library!

"Cake for everyone this morning!" Carmen announced, pulling out several large slices from the fridge.

"I love it when you're home for breakfast!" Acai told her Dad happily.

"I love it, too, pumpkin," Carmen told her.  He glanced down at his watch.
 
"I've gotta go, girls. Be good for your mom!"
When the bus came, they headed off to school without any prodding from their mother.

"Do you think she even knows that we're leaving now?" Bitter Melon asked.

Acai laughed. "She'll realize in a little bit that we're gone."


I was busy checking out Zelda Mae's personal websites & social media pages to see how serious she was about Xavier... and her other men. Things did not look good for Xavier...
I rehearsed my speech all the over to his place.  I'd worked a case like this before and had flubbed the case-conclusion, telling the poor schmuck, "She's just not that into you."  He'd been understandably upset.

I learned from my mistakes!
Xavier greeted me warmly.  "Well? What did you find?" he asked eagerly.

I took a deep breath.

And all the words flew from my brain.

"She's just not that into you," I told him.

*cringe*


"Bitter Melon! Don't touch that knife!"


I headed down to the library to try to teach little Citron to walk.  I was going to start his toddler skills early in life so I wasn't rushing to teach him things right before he aged up.
I'd heard that kids could read books much faster in a library... maybe they learned how to walk faster, too!!

"Look Citron! Look how pretty!"
"Now, walk to Mommy! Like this!" I said as I showed him.


"That was totally lame!" Bitter Melon announced as they left the bistro.

Acai rolled her eyes.  "Maybe if you'd stopped touching things, the teacher wouldn't have yelled at you!"

Bitter Melon's chin went up.  "Well, the chef shouldn't have called me that! I don't care if I did make him cry!"


(FINALLY! We have someone other than Carmen use the easel!  Looks like it will be Bitter Melon painting the Founder painting!)

I'd worked with Citron for several hours at the library, to no avail.  He still wasn't walking.  I'd better get him home before he pitched a bigger fit!

I hurried from the library, embarrassed to be holding a squalling toddler in my arms.


A quick bottle at home and he was right as rain.

"So, I had a call from your teacher today," I told Bitter Melon as she walked into the room.

She rolled her eyes.  "They're exaggerating."

"Mmmm hmmm... because I had a call from the bistro, as well."
Bitter Melon sighed as she sat down at the table to do her homework.  It wasn't her fault she didn't listen to authority figures.



Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5
Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -9

2 comments:

  1. Luckily Bitter Melon is artistic! Let's hope she learns quickly so she can make thag painting :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And it winds up being a very "bright" picture! Lol

      Delete