Friday, October 2, 2015

Chapter 30 - A long night...

Carmen had taken to painting a little each morning before he left for work.  It helped relieve stress and was an enjoyable past-time.

Acai had woken up starving!
"What are you doing eating ice cream?" I asked Acai when she sat at the table and started eating from the carton.

"I was hungry!" she protested.

"But I'm cooking pancakes!" I told her with some frustration.
Bitter Melon came into the room and rooted around in the refrigerator, too.

"Bitter! I'm cooking breakfast!" I snapped. "Close the refrigerator!"

"Can't Mom! I have to eat real quick before the bus comes!"
"Breakfast is ready!" I called to the girls.  "Come eat something filling & nutritious for breakfast!"

"Gotta go, Mom!" Acai called out, hurrying after Bitter Melon.
"What was that about?" Acai asked as they headed out the door.  "She's never cooked for us before!"


I headed into the kids' room to check on Citron.

"Oh goodness! How did you get stuck in there?!" I asked, hurrying to pick him up.  "Are you okay?" I felt over his body making sure he didn't have any scrapes or ouchies.

The things toddlers can get into!


"Okay, remember what we learned yesterday? Right?" I asked him.

Citron nodded eagerly.  He was such a bright baby!  Concentrating hard, he moved his legs...

..and walked to me!
"You did it!" I cheered, lifting him up and tossing him in the air! "I'm so proud of you, Citron!"


While I headed into the bathroom to practice speaking without saying anything inappropriate...
...Citron threw a hissy fit.
Wait... no... I think he might be dancing...


I made plans for Acai's birthday. 
Why did it always feel like I was getting ready for a birthday party? I wondered as I attempted to tidy up the house.


"Hi sweetie," I said, greeting Carmen with a shy kiss.
Carmen pulled away.  "Not right now," he said with embarrassment. "Everyone's about to come over."

I made a face.

After the guests had started arriving, I noticed Carmen and Bella Goth had started spending a little more time together than was comfortable.
On my way over to redirect them, I felt a pinch on my bottom.

I whipped my head back and glared at Parker, the obvious culprit.
He glanced away, feigning innocence. 

Jerk.


"Is everyone ready for me to blow the candles out?" Acai asked timidly from the kitchen.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ACAI!"

(AN: I don't know how the heck her hair turned blonde when she grew up to be a teenager. Weirdest thing I've ever seen, but it looks so pretty!)
"Mom, you're embarrassing me," Acai said quietly when her mom continued to boo and give thumbs down.  Sometimes her Mom could be so inappropriate...
"Parker... a little late on the uptick, there..."
What followed was a mad rush to the cake.  I personally believed that I should've received cake before any of the guests!  I'd picked it up from the store!
As Parker left, he gave me a speaking glance.  "If you ever change your mind about.. you know... look me up," he said.

I shook my head.  Even though I hadn't woohoo since Citron was born, I wasn't going to cheat on Carmen.  Especially not with Parker!

Besides, I was starting to worry that I might not know how it all worked anymore!
"Martina, it's time to go home," I said, glancing at my watch.  I gave Acai a weird look as she walked out of her room with Citron.  "What are you doing?" I asked.

"He's not sleepy!  I don't want him to wake me up tonight!" she announced, plopping him on the floor beside her mom.
She was going to get a good's night sleep for once!

Acai was right.  Citron really wasn't tired.  He finished his bottle...
...danced a little bit...
...and then went to play with his blocks.
All while everyone slumbered through the night.


"WAAAAH!" Citron cried.
"I knew this would happen!" Acai fumed.  "Why can't they keep the crib in their room?!"

She held her hand out for Citron.  "Come on, Citron. Come with me," she said, walking towards the door.
Glancing back, she saw Bitter Melon on her knees by her bed.  "What are you doing?" she asked.
"Umm... nothing," Bitter Melon said distractedly before jumping back into bed.


"Come on, let's go to Mommy's room," Acai said, leading the way.
She opened the door and let him in.  Let her folks deal with it!


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5
Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -9

2 comments:

  1. That's really strange that Acai's hair color changed when aging up! And it was so funny how she shooed Citron to her parents' room XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really strange, especially with the black eyebrows!

      It was hilarious how she kept trying to get rid of Citron!

      Delete