Sunday, October 4, 2015

Chapter 31 - Field trip from hell!

"Can't we stick a sock in it's mouth?" Bitter Melon asked when they were woken up by their brother's wails.
"I wish!"  Acai said bitterly.

She glared as her little brother plopped back down in the crib and fell to sleep.


"BITTER MELON! HURRY UP!" I yelled.  "There are other members in this family that need to use the restroom... like RIGHT NOW!"
"I'll be right out, Mom!" Bitter Melon called out, continuing to hum and slooooowly shower. 
The moment Bitter Melon stepped out of the shower, I shooed her from the room.  "You'd better be glad I'm not grounding you!" I snapped with frustration.

"Sorry, Mom! Geez!" Bitter Melon jogged after her sister to get on the bus.
"What was her problem anyways?" she asked Acai, who just shrugged.



"Can you watch Citron for me, pretty please?" I asked Carmen.

"Sure! We'll have a boys day!" he assured me.
"Unless you'd rather..." he suggested out-of-the-blue.
Thinking that he'd probably turn away when it came time to tumble in the sheets, I took a rain check.

Carmen took Citron outside into the fresh air & gave him a bottle.  Now that Citron was taken care of...
...he could do something that he loved!


"Good to see you around again," Chief Justine Keaton said with a wry grin.  "We were putting bets on how long you'd be stuck on the mommy-track!"

I made a face.  "I wasn't gone that long!" I protested.
Then, Bella Goth walked out the double doors.  Shoot, when had she started working here?


Bitter Melon had missed the bus, so she was doing the only thing she could think of doing...
...she ran...
Poor thing had a long way to go if she was going to run home...
Oh look, there's the bus!  (AN:  I sent her to school, but ErrorTrap reported she was stuck and reset her.  I sent her back to school since she'd glitched, but apparently it was a field trip day.  Lol.  The game had her run from school all the way out to the Science facility! Doh!  The poor girl is in the red. She's exhausted and she has GOT to go pee!)


"Tamara Donner, nice to meet you," I said, shaking her hand.  "I was so disappointed to hear you lost your last election!"
"That is precisely what I wanted to talk to you about," Tamara told me.

Apparently Tamara thinks there was a bit of fraud during the last election…just enough to keep her from winning the election.  I guess I should interview a few people...

Oh Plumbob, the poor thing ran all the way to the science center, but the bus didn't see her before pulling off.   Now she has to bike all the way home...
Almost....  there...
Bitter Melon stepped off her bike and felt her legs quiver uselessly. 
Hmmm... I wonder why Bitter Melon hasn't gotten home yet.
Soooo.... tired....  Bitter Melon staggered towards the front door.
"Oh there you are, sweet pea! How was the field trip?"  Carmen called over his shoulder as he did the dishes.
"I don't want to talk about it," Bitter Melon growled on the way to the bathroom.  If she hurried, then maybe she wouldn't pee her pants.
Carmen made a face.  "There's no need to be so rude!" he called out after her.  "I was just asking how your day was!"


"...so there I was, doing the dishes, which no one ever helps me with, by the way..."  Carmen had cornered Acai and was complaining about all the dirty dishes.  "And she just snarled at me when I asked how her day was!"
"I don't know!" Acai told her Dad. "Maybe she had a bad day!"

They glanced over at Bitter Melon, seemingly asleep in bed.
"I can hear you, ya know!" she groused angrily, throwing the blanket back and standing up.
With tears in her eyes, she ran from the room.

"Bitter Melon! Come back!" Acai called out to her little sister.  "Don't be mad!"
Bitter Melon crashed out right before she made it to her mom's bed.


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5 (1) = -5 (DANGIT! Poor Bitter Melon almost made it to bed safely! But, she got the pass out command before she slipped into bed!  She woke up, got out of bed and ran to her mom's room to crash! Lol... there's something funky about the routing in this house!)
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5
Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -14


2 comments:

  1. Ah! It's so frustrating when they're already in bed and then get up just to pass out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's like, "Noooo! You're in bed! Just go to sleep!" Lol

      Delete