Sunday, October 4, 2015

Chapter 32 - Tagging along with Mommy

Carmen slipped from the house before the rest of his family awoke.
Followed shortly by Acai and Bitter Melon, heading off to school.


That left me home alone with Citron.  I was trying to fix the darn computer when my phone rang.
"Hello?"

"Have you solved the case yet?" Tamara Donner asked without preamble.

"Well, I need to talk to a few people," I admitted.

"Then do so!" she snapped before hanging up.

Geez! Politicians were demanding!
Guess I had some work to do.
Citron would just need to come with me.

I found Connor Frio at the laundromat and decided to kill two birds with one stone... or is it throw two stones at one bird... hmmm...

I needed to settle an argument with Connor.  He'd taken the opinion that modern tech was too unreliable and breaks too often.  (Hence his visit to the laundromat...) 
While I had his attention, might as well probe him about Tamara, too.

"Speaking about modern tech... how do you feel about black box voting?"

Connor blew out a breath.  "Don't even get me started!   Take Tamara's election for example! She was robbed!"

Across the street I saw someone strolling by and hurried over to catch him.
I hadn't ever seen him before, which made me slightly suspicious.  But I wanted to try to poll a wide array of people.

He'd been pro-Tamara, as well.

Something was beginning to smell off.

I headed to the Downtown District to see if I could find anyone else to poll.
Miraj Alvi was hanging around outside the bistro and happily answered my question.   You've got it, another Tamara supporter.

Looks like things were looking fishy for Vita Alto to have had such a landslide win!


Ahh... blessed quiet... Acai thought as she slipped into bed for a nap.  She didn't know where Mom & Citron were, but she hoped they stayed gone for awhile!


I glanced at my watch.  3 pm.  Before heading over to City Hall to check the voter rolls, I wanted to grab a bite to eat (and use their restroom).  "Best Behavior, Citron," I warned as we walked into the fancy bistro.

Carmen returned home from work and sat down on the couch to read.  Fascinating...


I bit my lip as I went up the steps to the City Hall.  No kids were allowed in the records room.  I glanced down at Citron.  He was old enough to wait on his own, right?
I kissed his forehead.  "I promise I won't be that long. Just sit here and wait for me," I told him firmly.  "Mommy will be fast!"  Then I hurried into the building before the records room closed.
Citron waited...
...and waited...
"Look!  A booger!"
"Excuse me? Is this your son?" the woman snapped at me when I walked out of the building, mulling over the fact that I didn't recognize a lot of names that voted for Vita. 

Citron pointed, "That's my Mommy!"

The woman glared.  "I cannot believe you left your son out here all alone!"

I returned the woman's glare.  "Get your own kid to parent!" I snapped. 

"Well I certainly would never leave my child out by himself!" she said indignantly.

I scoffed, "Lady, you'd be surprised by what you do when you finally have kids!"
The woman walked away muttering under her breath as I gathered Citron in my arms. 


"Come on, Citron, quit playing around in the stroller," I told him, flustered by the confrontation.
"Yes, Mommy," Citron sat down.

We headed home and it occurred to me that I had seen one of the names somewhere recently... the obituary...


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5 (1) = -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5
Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -14

4 comments:

  1. Lol at how you're including Citron's glitches as him playing around XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe... that glitch is always funny! And it is totally something a kid would do!

      What is with Simone & leaving her kids in wacky places? :) Lol

      Delete
  2. Hmm...I think Bebe was pregnant, I also think that she, being a sim, might be a worse parent. Some of the sims parents are really wacky, there was this one time my neighbor left his baby at my house! Once he aged to a child he left. I obviously couldn't be bothered with taking him home. (or I was trying to keep him in a locked room, but when he was a child he teleported out :( )

    DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - Bebe was definitely pregnant. I don't know - it's a real toss up for which mom would be more neglectful!

      You can't even remember if you kept the poor child locked in the room! For shame!

      Delete