Sunday, October 4, 2015

Chapter 34 - Worst day of her life...

5:30 a.m.  Nice, Acai thought irritably. 
She left Citron crying in the crib.
"You could've at least given him a bottle," I snapped at Acai after finally hearing Citron's wails and getting him from the crib.

Acai snarled.  She'd woken up in a bad mood.  Tonight was prom & no one had asked her to the dance.

Not that anyone around here cared...
"Try it one more time, 'Please Acai. More milk please,'" I coached Citron.

Citron smiled. "More milt peas!"

"One more time, 'More milk please!' And this time, look really sad!"

Citron frowned and made a sad face.  "More milt peas, Sigh-EE!"  (AN:  I always pronounced Acai's name as Ah-Ki-uh, but I looked it up and it's more like ah-sigh-ee.  Just in case anyone was wondering!)

Bitter Melon woke up feeling quite artistic.
She headed outside to put a few of the new art techniques she'd learned to use.


Bored, Acai headed to her parents' room to use the computer.
"Acai, I need you to help around the house more," Carmen said, coming in and interrupting her. 
She sighed and waited for him to leave the room then sat back down at the computer.
I jumped up from teaching Citron to talk.  "Acai! What did your Dad just say?"
"What?!" Acai demanded angrily.  "Why is everyone on my case today?" she demanded angrily.
Then sat down at the computer to check her email.

"That's it, Missy! Time out!" I snapped angrily, pointing to the corner.
Acai shuffled her feet to the corner, muttering under her breath.  "I can't believe she's making me stand in the corner like a kid!"
*sniff*
"I hate my life..." *grumble* *mumble* "Grrrr...."


"Hey, I saw the picture you started drawing! I really like your techniques!" Carmen said, complimenting Bitter Melon.


By the time the limo came to pick up Acai for the prom, she was in a semi-better mood.  At least she'd been let out of the corner, although her parents were still quiet perturbed with her.
She supposed she was lucky she got to go at all.


Feeling at a loss of what else to do, Carmen sat down and started to read.  (AN:  Don't think I didn't notice that you're not reading the Handy-man book I put in your backpack on Day 1, Carmen! He'll read anything BUT!)

Since everyone else seemed to have settled down for the night, Carmen decided to throw himself a little celebration.

"Happy birthday to me!"

"You should've woken me up for the birthday celebration," I said to Carmen.  "I thought we were waiting for Acai to get home from Prom."
And now it's Bitter Melon's turn to blow the candles out on her cake.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...
...CITRON?!

"Wait your turn!" I admonished him.  "I bought you a cake!"

"Sorry!  Couldn't help it, Mom."
PBBBT!! Bitter Melon blew the candles out on her cake.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I snickered.

"It's really lame that you laugh instead of clap, mom," Bitter Melon said, cutting me a dry look.  "You only embarrass yourself."
I could only stare.  Was this my sweet, little Bitter Melon?  How had she grown up so... so... mean?!

"Cake anyone?"  Carmen asked, holding up a slice in an attempt to change the topic.
We ate the birthday cake in silence.


Acai was chasing after her crush, Bryant Wolff, when she crashed into the prom backdrop.   (AN:  She had Heart Farts with him, though!)
She slunk from the school after being lectured by the principal.  Feeling miserable, she wiped a tear from her eye.  Nothing had gone right tonight.  She'd slipped on the floor TWICE and fell flat on her face, she asked Bryant for a dance and was rejected.  And she got in a fight when she picked on someone she thought was nerdier than she was.  She'd been surprised when the classmate fought back and embarrassed her in front of the whole school.

She hoped she never had to go to another Prom again!


Returning home, she found everyone asleep.
She wasn't surprised to find Dad crashed out in the sleeping bag.
But, she was surprised to find Citron sleeping in a big boy bed.  Hopefully he sleeps in past 5 am.  I really need my sleep tonight, she thought.
She jumped, startled, when she saw the painting that hung over Bitter Melon's bed.  Where did she find that ugly thing?
With a sigh, she slipped into her bed and fell to sleep.  Tomorrow HAD to be a better day...


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5 (1) = -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5
Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -14

1 comment:

  1. I really like how Bitter Melon's name sort of goes with her personality! She looks like she's going to be a fun one :)

    ReplyDelete