Sunday, October 4, 2015

Chapter 35 - Bedtime Stories with Bitter...

"Sorry I kept you waiting," Carmen apologized as he slipped into the car.  "I didn't hear the horn."  He'd been lost in the world of painting.  He gazed back at his unfinished painting with longing.

"Good morning, sweetheart," I said in greeting as Acai walked past.  She grunted in response.  Guess she was still mad about the time out...
"Good morning, Citron," I said as he climbed down the ladder to his bunk bed. 

He rubbed the sleep from his eye and headed to the bathroom. "Morning, ma."
And there was Bitter Melon.  With a scowl on her face.  "Good morning, Bitter Melon," I said cheerfully.
"What do you want?" she asked with a vacant glare. 

Apparently Bitter Melon woke up bitter, I sighed.  Raising teenagers was turning out to be a pain in the butt.
I went in search of Citron. He was way more easy-going than my two angst-filled teenagers!

"Hey Ma!" he greeted me happily. "Wanna play hopscotch with me?"

"Sure, sweetie. That'd be fun!" I told him with a smile. 
"Oh wait, the bus is here! Gotta go!"
I cringed when I looked up and saw all the laughing childrens' faces.
"Mom! What are you doing outside in your undies?!" Bitter Melon complained.

"You're embarrassing us!" Acai added.


Now that all the kids were out of the house, I could devote my days to solving cases like in the old days.  I headed down the Myrtle Bungalow to meet a mysterious client who hadn't wanted to reveal her name.
There she is, I thought, seeing her from behind.
"Cornelia Goth?!" I gasped with surprise. 

"It's Cornelia Crumplebottom now," she corrected me.  Apparently the divorce had not been amicable. 

"What can I do for you, Mrs. Go....Crumplebottom?" I asked in a hurry.

"I am fairly convinced that the next door neighbor, Claire Ursine, is guilty of gnome kicking!" she told me, shooting a glare towards her neighbor's house. 
A fairly easy, straight-forward case.

I headed over to Claire's and checked through her garbage.  I found a pair of shoes with toes so mangled, presumably from kicking a gnome that they had to be thrown away.  Perhaps it was time to talk to Claire...
I rang her doorbell and waited.  "What do you want?" she asked with disdain.  "You're always coming around here and asking questions!"

"Well, that is my job," I told her.  I held up the pair of shoes.  "Taken up any hobbies lately?"

Claire cracked. She confessed to kicking gnomes and to having pronounced anger issues.  She agreed to stop kicking the gnome and to seek counseling. 

A little extreme for a bit of gnome kicking, but whatever floats her boat.
I headed back to give Cornelia the good news.


Bitter Melon cackled as she put out a whoopee cushion on the park bench.
Acai had two new friends, Bryant Wolff & Tammi Landgraab, come home with her. 
And promptly went to play on the computer.  (AN: Of course, why wouldn't she go out and talk to her love match?)


"Your gnomes are safe from here on out," I told Cornelia confidently. 

Cornelia Goth was relieved to hear about the end of gnome abuse. The poor battered gnome will soon be comfortable in the sun once again.
As a reward, I got my case fee, a battered gnome, and an impressive promotion. 

I'd been promoted to Inspector of Iniquities. The community watch is duly impressed and they've nixed this year's crosswalk guard's funding to buy you a sleek new sedan instead. Don't disappoint!


Carmen glanced out the front door at the strange kids on the lawn. 
"Pumpkin?" he called. "Aren't you going to talk to your friends?"

Acai bit her lip.  "Okay, Dad..."   She was so nervous!  It was Bryant! Her crush!
She walked outside, homework in hand. 
"Can I join you?" she asked quietly.
"Why does math have to be so hard?" Bryant asked with frustration.  "I mean, when will we ever need to use calculus again in our lives?"


Citron checked under his sister's beds to make sure there weren't any monsters under them.  Someone had to protect everyone in the house!
"You're all clear," he said with a thumbs up as Acai slipped into bed. 

Acai rolled her eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh nothing," he said mysteriously.
Bryant walked into the room to see the painting Bitter Melon told him about.  He glanced over towards the other side of the room and startled... Acai was fast sleep.  He couldn't help but stare.  She looked like an angel...


"Will you read me a bedtime story?" Citron asked Bitter Melon.

She sighed heavily.  "Fine, jump up in my bed."
She grabbed Jimmy Sprocket and the Squishy Stone and began reading from it.
Then... something came over here and she embellished on the story a little bit... "And then the children were trapped in the house made of candy.  But SHE was watching him... waiting..."

Citron interrupted her nervously, "Uh, Bitter Melon, that's a little too scary..."


I woke up from a sound sleep with weird feeling of being watched.  I opened my eyes and found Tammi in our room.  "Uh, Tammi... I think it's time for you to go home..."

Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5 (1) = -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5
Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -14

No comments:

Post a Comment