Monday, October 5, 2015

Chapter 36 - Making a love connection!

"Bitter Melon, I need to use the restroom! Get out!"Acai said when her sister followed her into the bathroom.
"I was here first!" she pointed out.
Bitter Melon just ignored her sister, laughing softly in the shower.

"What are you doing? Get out!" Acai said, shooing her from the room.
"Don't have a cow! I'm going!" Bitter Melon said in a huff.  Geez!

"Good morning!" I greeted Carmen brightly in the morning.
He ambled up behind me.  "Good morning," he said, pressing against me.

"Do you have any plans for the day?" I asked him over my shoulder.

He shrugged. "Not much. Thought I'd finish that painting."

"Sounds wonderful dear," I said, kissing his cheek.
A short meal later and I was heading from the house.
 And Carmen headed outside to finish his painting.


I spent some time in the morning flexing my perceptive talents for the local police station.   I needed to keep the cases coming in!


"Look, I said I was sorry about lunch!  I didn't mean to throw the bologna sandwich at you!" Bitter Melon said grudgingly as they left the school.
Acai stormed off towards the bus, ignoring her sister.


Luckily, a call came in.  I headed out to meet my old friend Leighton at the stadium.
"What can I do for you, Leighton?" I asked after we shared a friendly hug.

Leighton looked a little embarrassed.

"Come on, you can tell me anything."

"Look, the thing is... I haven't had a date in a long, long time," he finally admitted.

"Really?" I asked, surprised.  "Like how long are we talking?"

He shifted uncomfortably.  "Like since you and me..."

Wowsers! I thought.  It's been so long that the coroner's office could declare his love life legally dead. 
"What do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Could you... I don't know... ask around for me?" he asked.  "See if anyone is interested in me?"
I sighed. This wasn't the type of case I liked taking, but for old times' sake, I agreed.

I stopped and talked a few ladies I knew were on the prowl.  One laughed outright at the thought of dating Leighton, one was a little skeptical, but one was very interested.

Truthfully, I thought River McIrish and Leighton Sekemoto would make such a cute couple! 
I headed back to give him the news.  "Really? River?" he asked, pulling a face.  "I'd never really thought of her that way."
I punched his arm.  "Well a date is a date, buddy.  Suck it up and ask her out."

"Did you ask Zelda Mae?" he pressed, until I stopped him with a glare.

Fed up, I pointed a finger in his direction. "If you want a relationship that lasts, you date River McIrish. If you want a crazy one-night stand, you ask... wait... nevermind.  Ask River out or I'm charging you double!"


When I got home, I checked the mail and sighed.  Bills, bills, advertisement, bills.  There's never anything good in the mail!


Seeing Acai in the kitchen, I decided to finally let her off the hook. (AN: What the hell? Was Acai still in trouble?! Lol)
"Thanks, Mom! I sorry I mouthed off so much that day. I guess I was just feeling down," Acai apologized. 


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5 (1) = -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5

Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -14


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Acai was in trouble for a long time! I'm surprised her parents let her go to school XD

    ReplyDelete