Monday, October 5, 2015

Chapter 37 - You've got to fight for your right to... paint!

Carmen sighed with relief.  It was finished.  He'd worked so hard on this piece.  It was going to look wonderful in the living room.  Green, his favorite color.
"Is everyone ready for school?" I asked, heading into the living room and seeing all the kids standing around in pajamas.

Unanimous groans chorused around me.

"Acai, make sure everyone gets to school on time!" I said.
I had a new case to work.
"Come on guys, we need to hurry up," Acai said, herding her siblings towards school.

"I don't need your help getting to school on time," Bitter Melon protested.

Acai puffed up self-importantly, "But Mom put me in charge!"


I pulled up in front of Lisa Bunch's home. 
"Something shady is going on at the super market," she told me.  "The price of produce has gone up like crazy!"  (AN: Holy short shorts, Batman! Those are some short shorts!)

I nodded thoughtfully.  Did she know she sounded crazy?
But, I wasn't being paid to diagnose crazy.  I headed down to the grocer to check it out.  I did a little poking around and bought 4 tomatoes and a few apples.  When I got to the register to pay, I was appalled.

"Are you KIDDING me? You want HOW much for this?" I demanded.

The cashier glanced around nervously.  "They're organic," she explained.

Fuming, I paid the exorbitant amount, which was like highway robbery and exited the store.
The apple didn't last long.  I'd never eaten a $10 apple before... Strangely, it didn't taste any different...

Figuring I would test the claims of organic, I headed down to the Science Facility.  They promised to run a few tests and get back with me in a few days.


The girls did their homework when they first got home.

Then, Acai pulled out a book and sat down to read.  (AN: I see that you're not reading the book that will raise your grade that has been in your backpack.)


Bitter Melon slept outside in hopes of keeping her Dad from using the easel again before she could paint a picture.

"Dad! You said it was my turn!" she said accusingly as she jumped from the sleeping bag.
"Plumbbob, Bitter Melon! You almost scared the pee from me!" Carmen said in shock.
"You promised that I could have the next painting," she said.
"I have a secret," Carmen whispered in her ear.  "Don't tell anyone, okay?"

Bitter Melon laughed.  "Ok!"


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5 (1) = -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5

Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -14   


2 comments:

  1. Poor Bitter Melon needs an easel of her own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Seriously! I should've thought of that! Having all the idiots paint is a good way to skill AND make money. :)

      Delete