Monday, October 5, 2015

Chapter 39 - Strange behaviors...

I woke up, surprised to find Carmen so pensive in our room. 
"What's the matter?" I asked him, giving him a hug.
"Oh, nothing," he hedged. "Do you have a case you're working?"

"Not right now," I told him.

He glanced away again.  "Are you going out today?"

He was starting to make me suspicious.  "Why?"

"No reason. I'm just curious," he told me.

"I could stay home today," I allowed.  I didn't have to find a case...

"NO!" he said with alarm. "I mean, if you're sure. No need to stay home for me..."

"Are you sure?" I asked, pausing to check him out for a moment.  Why was he acting so funny today?
He all but pushed me towards the computer where I found an email from Pauline.  If it had been anyone other than my good friend, I would've stayed home to keep an eye on my husband.

"Don't worry, I'm just going to paint today," he told me, as though he'd read my mind.

"If you're sure..."

I headed to the bathroom to take a shower.
As I soaped up and rinsed myself clean, my mind shifted over the strange conversation I'd had with my husband. 
What in the world was he up to?
And why did my hair feel silkier than usual...

I reached up and touched my hair, pulling a strand into my viewing range.
DAMMIT
I rushed to the mirror and appraised the damage.  Bright yellow hair dye.  Brilliant.  I was going to ground both of my teenagers until they were adults...

"Have a good day," Carmen called as I walked back, my hair twisted up and hidden under my hat.

"Right," I snapped angrily as I stormed down the walkway.


"What did you do to your hair?" Pauline Goddard asked.
I sighed.  "You mentioned that you needed me?" I ignored her question and got right down to business.  The sooner this was done, the sooner I could get home and check on my husband!

Pauline is convinced there are stalkers everywhere. I look over my shoulder, but don't see anyone. Hey, musicians can be dramatic! 
I tag along with her on her way to work and stakeout the scene.
There's nothing going on around the theater.  Perhaps I'm not being subtle enough. I bet these stalkers were clumsy enough to leave behind evidence at the park, which was the site of Pauline's last show.  I should snoop for clues there.
Ick, disgusting! I found a guitar pick that's covered in sim saliva. Slobbering on musical gear seems like something a stalker would do. I should analyze the salivia at the police station to see if it matches any known criminals..
The saliva doesn't match any of the records on file, which means our stalker isn't a criminal. At least, not a criminal that has been caught.  I should retrace my steps, because maybe I'll find a matching sample along the way. I should start by searching through the trash at Pauline's home.
I found a piece of food. It's quite icky and nasty, but it may have the saliva I'm looking for. I should analyze this food at the police station.
Strangely enough, the saliva on the food matches the saliva on the pick. Even stranger, the saliva comes from none other than Pauline Goddard! Could Pauline be self stalking? I should hack her website.


"What do you think this is? Your personal computer? You realize I put this is my bedroom, right?" I asked, perturbed to find Bitter Melon playing on my computer, pounding on the space bar.  This is how it wound up broken all the time.
"But I'm winning, Mom!" she complained.
"Does it look like I care?" I asked.  "Maybe you should do your homework or do something useful around the house!" 
I slipped into the chair when she'd stormed off and pulled up Pauline's website. 

There are a ton of posts from rabid fans, but each post and each user id is tired to the same IP address, Pauline Goddard. I think Pauline might be a slight lunatic, or perhaps there are split personalities at play here. 
And to think, we'd been friends for years!  Goes to show, sometimes you really don't know a gal.  Or a husband...

Just then Carmen walked in the room.  He looked much more relaxed than he had this morning.  I eyed him suspiciously.  "You know I could find out in 5 seconds if you were having an affair, right?" I asked him.
He blinked in surprise.  "An affair?  Me?"

"You were acting strange this morning," I pointed out.

Nervously, he tugged on his collar.  "I was putting together a surprise for you!"

"A surprise for me?!" I asked with excitement. "Well? What is it?"

"I can't tell you! It's not your birthday yet!"
A birthday present? Aw, how sweet!

I leaned forward and kissed him.  "Thank you, Carmen!"

He laughed, wrapping his arm around my waist.  "But you don't even know what it is yet! How do you know you'll like it?" he teased.

"Because you planned it," I told him.
Apparently I should have tried a little romance years ago!  Carmen was more amorous than I can remember him being since we were first married!


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5 (1) = -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5

Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -14  



2 comments:

  1. Finally Carmen is up for some romancing again :) Simone has enough stress in her life with the pranking teens and the demanding job - good thing her love life is doing better at least!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo! They're so adorable together!

      Delete