Monday, October 5, 2015

Chapter 40 - My own worst enemy...

Sharing one bathroom with a large family could be a pain in the rear.  I felt like I was always having to unclog the toilet.  Gross!
I whacked the showerhead with my wrench.  "Quit spraying on me!" I grumbled angrily, whacking it again. 
"Hey, babe, did you finish fixing that shower yet?" Carmen called out as he brushed his teeth.

"Almost!" I whacked it again and wrapped some duct tape around the stem.  "There! Done!"
Dropping my soggy clothes on the floor, I told Carmen it was ready.   I didn't have to tell him twice.  He shucked his briefs and eagerly joined me for a nice, hot, shower!



I hummed as I stirred the ingredients for pancakes.  I was looking forward to a nice, family day today.  Not even my attitude-prone teenagers would be able to put a crimp in my mood today!
"Citron," I said when I heard the fridge door open, "I'm making breakfast."
"Acai, I made breakfast!" I said a little more sharply when I heard her rooting around in the refrigerator.

For plumbbob sake, there was a platter of pancakes right there by the stove!
"I was going to make macaroni," Acai said unhappily.  "But, fine!  I guess I'll eat pancakes."  She angrily shoved all the macaroni ingredients back in the fridge.

Alright, so I was wrong.  My teenagers could put a damper on my mood...

Morganna Wolff claims Pauline Goddard is a textbook case of split personalities. Poor Pauline is having to write music and contend with more than one mind.  I should report in and explain the whole situation to my friend.
"One other question," I asked the good doctor.  "How long should I expect teenage hormones to last?"

Morgana laughed lightly.  "Until they're young adults, at least!"

I sighed unhappily.

Back home, everyone found something productive to do...


Pauline was, of course, relieved that there weren't any stalkers, but I could see the internal conflict brewing when Pauline found out the stalkers were all in her head. I'm not sure what's worse – being stalked or being one's own worst enemy.

"Don't tell Hank," she asked.


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5 (1) = -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5

Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -14 


2 comments:

  1. I like how you're running with the hair dye thing XD And poor Pauline! That must have been a shock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always thought the hair dye should be a little bit more permanent than they have. :) This way, the prank lives on! Lol

      Definitely poor Pauline! I was surprised with the way that PI job turned out!

      Delete