Monday, October 5, 2015

Chapter 41 - Sunday, Lazy Sunday...


I heard the kids shuffling around in their room & was determined to ignore their personality disorders.


Bitter Melon walked quietly, preparing to pounce...

...on Citron!  (AN: I totally thought she was going after Acai!)
"BOO!" she yelled.

"BITTER MELON!" Citron gasped.
"You almost made me pee myself!"

Good thing he'd been in the bathroom.


It was a lazy Sunday.  Carmen sat down at the chess table since Bitter Melon was currently using the easel.
"Can I join you Dad?" Citron asked, taking a seat.

"Go ahead. Think you can beat your old man?" Carmen lightly teased.

Citron cocked his head and considered the pieces, then nodded firmly.  "In about 5 moves!"


I found Acai playing on the computer.

"Don't you want to practice a new skill?" I asked, "Your brain is turning to mush!"


I pulled Acai across the street to Summer Hill Springs.

"What are we supposed to do here?" she asked, looking around.
"Well, you're always talking about fishing! Maybe you should try it!" I said, presenting her with the rod & reel.
Or not...

I glanced back and noticed she'd pulled out the book Demand Excellence book.

Sure, NOW you decide to brush up on your schoolwork...
I left her to her reading and headed home.  Maybe when she was done reading she would go fishing...
"Dad's mad because I beat him at chess," Citron told me as I headed inside.



Acai finished reading her book and tucked it into her backpack.  With graduation coming up, she wanted to make sure she was well-prepared.
She headed home without a second glance towards the springs.
"Did you catch anything?" I asked hopefully.
Acai gave me a measuring look.  "You haven't gone insane, have you Mom?"

"Wait, what?" I asked, confused.

"Well, that's what insane people ask, 'Did you catch anything?' I just wanted to make sure you hadn't gone crazy."

I looked up and saw Carmen starting a ghost story... attempting to distract his children from skilling.

In this family, I might just go crazy yet, I muttered under my breath.

"CARMEN!" Come here!" I called, waving my hand at him.
"You wanted something, babe?" Carmen asked as he joined Acai and I.

"Nothing. I'm trying to talk to Acai, but I don't want you distracting the other kids! They're skilling!"

Now both Carmen and Acai were looking at me as if I was crazy.

Great.


Soon we were surrounded by guests for our birthday party.  I saw Acai watching Bryant Wolff longingly.
I motioned her over.  "Acai, come over and talk to Bryant while I greet out other guests," I told her, practically shoving her towards Bryant.
"Now, who are you?" I asked.  The gray hair made me think of Nick Alto, but I knew he didn't have a child Citron's age.

"I'm Estevan Wolff, Bryant's brother. Do you have any kids my age?" he asked.
"CITRON! Come over here and meet Estevan!"
"River! How are you doing?" I asked, glancing around for Leighton.

River grabbed my hands and squeezed.  "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" she told me.  "Leighton and I are so happy!"

I smiled. "I'm glad I could be of service," I told her truthfully.  It wasn't my typical job description, but I loved the fact that I'd gotten two of our dear family friends together.  Maybe if the P.I. gig didn't work out, I could become a mysterious matchmaker!


When it came time to blow the candles out, I looked around the yard at all my friends and family that had joined us to celebrate.  I certainly was a lucky girl!


 Inside, we ate the obligatory birthday cake.

I finally got to open my birthday present from Carmen.  He'd taken part of a day off (and used his Elder Command) to paint a likeness of me.  I loved it!

"Where's Citron?"  It wasn't like him to miss a birthday!

Carmen and Acai both shrugged. 

"Happy birthday to me..." (AN: I don't think I remembered Citron's birthday once! Lol.)


Bitter Melon wasn't sure what woke her up. 
But, she hurriedly dressed and snuck from the house.
She hailed a taxi.  She wasn't sure where she was going... she just knew she felt a compulsion to go there...
The address that slid off of her tongue wound up being an old, deserted-looking property on the edge of town.
A light flickered in the window with a sign that read 'Open.'  It must be a business of some sort...
She pushed the door open, cringing when the tinkling bell on the door announced her entrance.

"I knew you would come tonight," the woman at the register said with a smile.
She looked around.  "What is this place?" Bitter Melon asked, trying to take it all in.  "How did you know I was coming? How did I even know it existed?"

She handed me a bottle wrapped in paper.  "For later."

"What is this?" I asked, starting to get creeped out.
The woman smiled and touched her finger to her nose.  "Answers will come in time.  For now, there might be a few answers waiting for you upstairs..." 
Bitter Melon walked up the stairs, feeling anxious and nervous.  Who was up there? What did they know? She entered the room above and looked around.  No one was up here, she thought with annoyance. 
She glanced across the room.  But there was a large book that called to her...


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5 (1) = 5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5 (1) = -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5

Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -9 

2 comments:

  1. Woo, happy birthday, Simone! She's a cute elder :) It's awesome that you managed to have Carmen paint her in the end.

    It was so funny how Citron aged up all by himself after that huge party for his mom XD

    Did Bitter Melon go to that place all by herself? Or was it her teen command?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always thought Simone was pretty, especially in her career outfit.

      *face palm* I couldn't believe the poor kid had to age up alone, AGAIN! I hate forgetting birthdays! It makes it harder when you can't look at their info panel! ;)

      Bitter Melon went there with her teen command. Setting the stage for something good. :)

      Delete