Monday, October 5, 2015

Chapter 42 - One.. two.. three...

Bitter Melon stayed at the Mosquito Cove Elixirs until dawn broke over the horizon.  With the morning light streaming in, the spell cast over her seemed to dissipate and reasoning returned.

"Mom and Dad are going to kill me," she thought suddenly. 
She broke into a run.
"Oh, pretty stone!" she thought as she jogged by a large gem.  Can't stop to pick it up now, though.
She continued running.
She slipped inside the house, hopefully before anyone else awoke.
Acai glanced at Bitter Melon's empty bed.  I always wake up before her... where is she?
At that moment, Bitter Melon walked in.

"Where were you?" Acai asked.
Bitter Melon grunted noncommittally, slipping into bed.

"You can't go to sleep. You have to get to school!"

Another grunt from under the covers.


Oblivious to interpersonal relationships, Citron headed outside to the chess table.  He regarded the pieces and tried to devise the ultimate strategy.


"Are you ready for school?" I asked Acai.

"Yes, absolutely!" she said, shoving a book in her backpack.  "Gotta go."
"Have a good day at school!" I called out to Citron as I gathered all the cake plates from the lawn.

"I will!"
I glanced back towards the bus and counted.  One...two...  Was Bitter Melon already on the bus?  I wondered.  Must be...


I pulled away from the house with the niggling feeling that I was forgetting something...


At work, I worked on my logic skills.  I didn't want to lose any of my skills due to old age!  Hank came by and dropped off a case for me. Zelda Mae had requested me personally.
I headed to Zelda's new residence - the Clavell home.
"Thank you for coming," Zelda said politely.  "Especially because this is all your fault!"

I shook my head. "Wait. Roll that by me one more time. My fault? What?"

She pointed a finger in my direction.  "You said he wanted to propose to me."

"Okay? And that's my fault how?"

She wiggled her ring-less finger in my direction.  "He hasn't done it yet!"

"Okay? And this concerns me how?"
She jerked her head towards the left.

One... two... three girls stared back at me.
"I see," I said slowly.  "So? No ring, huh?"

"None in sight."
Xander recently purchased a ring if this receipt here is telling the truth. If he's got the ring, I wonder why it hasn't been delivered yet? Maybe his trash can will tell the next chapter of this tale.
Xander recently purchased a bouquet of flowers, a lovely arrangement, but threw them away. Cold feet? Too nervous to ask? Perhaps Xander realized how nutty his girlfriend is. 
I gave the news to Zelda, who refused to admit she can be a bit overbearing and intense.  I guess that means she won't get the ring anytime soon.  I got paid, so it isn't my problem. I felt bad for the girls, though.


Carmen's carpool pulled up to the street and dropped him off just as the bus let the kids off the bus.
Wait.. where was Bitter Melon?
"Did Bitter Melon stay late at school?" he asked as they all headed inside.

Acai nudged Citron, "Shush," she cautioned him.
"Citron. Where is your sister?" he asked more directly.

Citron, being unable to lie, spilled that Bitter Melon had never made it in to school.
In fact, she was still fast asleep in her bedroom.

Carmen decided to sort the mess out later.  After he'd had a nap.


Bitter Melon woke from her deep sleep slightly foggy.
"I just realized what's been bugging me all day," I said as I walked in her room.  "You didn't go to school!"
"So what? It's just one stupid day! It's not like it's going to hurt my grades!"

"Acai made the honor roll because she worked hard and went to school!" I pointed out, trying to make Bitter Melon see the error of her way.

"I'm not Acai!" she argued.
"You think you can just break rules because you want to?" I demanded.  "You don't get to decide whether you go to school or not. You just go!"

Bitter Melon scowled.  "I didn't mean to skip. I was just going to take a nap.  I had a weird night last night."

She started to tell me about the house in the cove.
I quickly counted to hold on to my temper.  One... two... three... nope, didn't work.  "You left the house without permission last night?" I railed at her. "You could've been kidnapped! Or killed!  Or worse!  These things happen in Sunset Valley, you know!"
"Geez, Mom, don't have a cow!"

I interrupted her.  "You're grounded, Bitter Melon! You're not to leave this house except for school for 2 days!"


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5 (1) = 5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5 (1) = -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5

Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5 (1) = 5 (Way to go Acai! Good job reading that book instead fishing!  *eyeroll*)
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -4

2 comments:

  1. Cancelling out those negative points slowly! Way to go! I'm amazed Acai ended up reading that book XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe one day I'll have a positive score! Lol. It actually was much better for the score that she finally read the stupid book. :)

      Now if only Carmen would read his Handiness book!

      Delete