Monday, October 5, 2015

Chapter 43 - Comparing apples to oranges...

Bitter Melon woke up pissed off.

At the world!
She hurried into the bathroom.

"Bitter Melon! Before you shower, let me use the bathroom real quick," Carmen said as he hurried from his bedroom.
"Bitter Melon?" he repeated.

She acted like she didn't even hear him.
She slipped into the shower and started messing with the knobs.
"Bitter Melon! I'm disappointed in you! Your mother's hair is only just now returning to normal!" Carmen admonished her.
"It wasn't permanent!" she argued.  "It was only semi-permanent," she mumbled under her breath.  Besides, it had only taken 4 days to work itself out of her mom's hair.

"You're already in big trouble!" Carmen sighed.  "Why don't you find something that won't get you in trouble?" He shooed her from the room.
Bitter Melon slipped into her parents' room and sat down at the computer.  She started to set up a prank on her mom's computer so the next time she used it, she'd have the plumbbob scared out of her.  But, after she downloaded the software, all the virus alerts went off and the computer shut down.

Crap.  She hurried from the room, crossing her fingers that Acai would be blamed because she was always on it.
Outside, she finished up the last touches on her painting.  She called it 'Acai.'


Jocasta Bachelor is having an issue with some missing apples. I met her at the library to discuss the case with her.  It seems that she'd saved a bunch of fresh apples to use as bait on a fishing trip. Problem is, the fruits seem to have made themselves scarce.  Unless those apples grew legs, I'm thinking someone took them.

"Shall we meet at your place?" I asked her. "I'd like to take a look around."

"Yes, of course!" Jocasta head, bobbing her head up and down.
I waited outside her front door for 15 minutes. "Jocasta, I thought you were meeting me here."

"Oh! Terribly sorry! I completely forgot!"

*face palm
Another 10 minutes later, Jocasta had arrived and I was given permission to dust for prints inside.
"That's not going to stain, is it?" Jocasta asked with worry.

I crossed my fingers behind my back.  "Oh, of course not!"
Now this just keeps getting weirder. I found some… fin marks… leading to the trash can outside.
Favorite part of my job.

*deep breath*
 
I actually found something.  A bunch of apple cores in her garbage can.  I wanted to declare her absent-minded and move on, but the cores had some strange bite marks on them… nothing I've ever seen. I should bring a sample to the science lab.
They loved me at the science lab. I brought them such interesting cases.

The DNA on the apples was tested. The results.. bizarre to say the least. Only 72% of the DNA was human. Stranger still was the creepy lab tech who was spying on me at the lab. I better ask around town to see if anyone knows who the scientist is.
(AN: I'm not sure how I wound up with Hank's guitar...)
I headed down to the park and asked three upstanding citizens whether or not they'd ever seen the creepy lab tech around.

Seems Miraj had seen the lab tech sneaking around Marty Keaton's house at night.  Might have even snatched a lawn gnome.  Sounds like a shady character in general.

Maybe I can catch him there again! I thought brightly.


Meanwhile, Jocasta Bachelor's daughter Martina came home with Citron.  She was hoping to make a favorable impression on him.
Unfortunately, he seemed to be utterly clueless.
Bitter Melon sighed as she stepped outside with her homework.  "Can't I just copy yours?" she asked plaintively.

Acai rolled her eyes. "We're not even in the same class!"

"Fine!"
Martina sat at the table inside and wondered where all the Persimmons went. She was beginning to take it personally!


I planted myself in front of Chief Justine's home and performed my surveillance.  I thought I heard the trash can rattle, so I dropped my props and ran to the side of the house.
Nothing.  No sign of anyone.  I checked in the trash can and found the missing gnome, though.  And it was hot to the touch.  Seems our friend not only stole the gnome, but did some experimenting on it, as well.  The tech wasn't too careful, though.  I got some prints.
A quick trip down to the headquarters and I had a name to go with the prints.  Damien Legalos.

And now I remembered when I had met him before.  When I was canvasing citizens about Tamara Donner's fixed election...  I remember getting a vibe from him then!
I headed to his house and snooped around for some clues. 

Well, looky here. A break in the case.  I found Damien's journal. He must've dropped it on the way to work.
I slipped into a nook at the library and poured over his notes.

This is unbelievable. The lab tech has been doing research on goldfish.. trying to turn them into real gold. Then, on Take Your Child to Work Day, a kid ran in front of FishAlchemy ray to try to save the goldfish. Poor kid… the ray transformed him into something… inhuman. He disappeared one day leaving only a pile of apple cores on the kitchen table.. Wait.. what's this… it says the kid became obsessed with water.  Maybe I should check out the pool.
Looks like I'm too late. Found a note... says "Fish Kid was here".  Probably escaped into the water drainage system. I wish I knew more about who the poor kid was.

Maybe one day I'll catch the kid, but today is not that day.  I'll have to explain to Jocasta... tomorrow...


Martina worked up the nerve and headed outside to talk to him.   When she saw him stand and look directly towards her, she lost her nerve.
"Do you think he likes me?" she asked his sister, Bitter Melon.
"Hello? He's right there!" Bitter Melon gestured to her brother at their feet.  "Just ask him!"
"Uh, I need to go... finish something... inside!" Citron said awkwardly, hurrying away.


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5 (1) = 5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5 (1) = -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5

Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5 (1) = 5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -4 


2 comments:

  1. I had to lol at Bitter Melon's painting of Acai XD And that fish kid case was... interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that pink monster painting. Lol. But it did seem perfect that Bitter Melon would harass her sister!

    The fish case was so ODD! And it left me with questions! Where is the poor fish kid?! Why can't I save him? Poor little boy.

    ReplyDelete