Friday, October 16, 2015

Chapter 45 - New Beginnings

Citron shimmied down from his top bunk.
Ugh, this was not his day, he thought irritably.  He'd forgotten to do his homework! He was so disappointed with himself.
 On his way out the door, he grabbed the old newspapers and chucked them in the trash can.
Why was everyone sleeping in today? he wondered.  Acai and Bitter Melon hadn't woken up yet and strangely, the bus hadn't come by.

He sat down and puzzled through the facts. 

Was there something special about today?
I was enjoying a romantic breakfast with Carmen when we heard Citron shout "Eureka!"
Startled, we jumped up from our chairs.  "What is it?!" I yelled to him outside.  "What's wrong?"

Citron rushed inside, "It's Acai's graduation! That's it!"

I cringed, "Acai! Bitter! Up and at 'em! We've got to get ready! QUICK!"

 Acai came out of the house in her graduation robes and I had to stifle a tear.
Citron helpfully handed me his handkerchief.  "Thanks, dear," I told him, patting him on the hand.  "I'm just so proud!"
"Wait for me!" Bitter Melon yelled out, lifting the hem of her formal dress in an unladylike fashion and running towards the taxi.  "Don't leave without me!"


Congratulations! Acai has graduated from Community School for the Gifted with Highest Honor! She has also been selected Valedictorian because of her outstanding school performance.  Her classmates have voted her most popular. The future is bright!  (My, what a change from her socially awkward Prom!)

Citron congratulated his sister and then headed back home to finish his school work.
Acai headed home, eager to make plans with Bryant.
Bored, and not ready to go home, Bitter Melon pulled out her homework and started working on


Carmen was starving after the graduation ceremony and the kids had other plans, we headed over to the Bistro to finish our romantic, now, brunch.

 After brunch, I headed over to the gym with Carmen.  

"Are you sure don't mind? I've been meaning to do a stake-out here."

"No, that's sure, babe. I'll find something to do while I wait," Carmen told me.
I crouched down behind my bush pom-poms and got comfortable. 
 Carmen headed into the gym to lift some weights.


 "Mom, can I talk to you?" Acai asked as we walked in. 

I sat down at the table.  "What is it, dear?"

Acai took a deep breath.  "Bryant asked me to move in with him."
I felt my eyebrows raise.  "Well that was fast!" I said glibly.  "Guess your old mama was right about taking a chance and talking to him!"

Acai sighed with embarrassment, "Oh, Mom!"

"So? When are you going?" I asked.


 "I can't believe our baby is gone," I said as I laid in bed, cuddling with Carmen.

Carmen tugged me closer.  "I know," he commiserated.  "Grown up and moved in with a boy."  He turned to look at me, "What do we know about him anyway?"

I giggled at the look in Carmen's eyes.  "I'm not going to do a stake-out in front of their house, if that's what you're asking!"

Carmen harrumphed.  "Maybe you should!"
It was time for me to distract my dear husband from our daughter and her new beau.

Acai stood before in front of Bryant's house with a box of her childhood things.  Oh... why did this have to be such a scary step? she thought to herself. 


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5 (1) = 5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5 (1) = -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5

Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5 (1) = 5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -4 

1 comment: