Saturday, October 17, 2015

Chapter 48 - Acai's Big Surprise

"Do we have any plans today?" I asked Carmen over breakfast.

Carmen shrugged, "Not that I can think of... just a lazy Sunday. Do you want to do anything?"
I wondered whether or not I should take another job today.  But, eventually decided against it.  It was one of the last days before Bitter Melon became an adult and I just wanted to enjoy this time with my family.


"Carmen!" I shouted excitedly, running out of the house.  "Acai's gone and married Bryant! They're throwing a party tonight!"

Carmen's brush dropped to the ground.  "Married?" he asked, dumb-founded.

"That's what she said!"

Carmen rubbed his chin suspiciously.  "That's awful quick..."


At 7 pm, I headed over to the Wolffs to attend Acai's party with the family.
"Can you believe it?" Acai asked in awe.  "I'm married!"

"We're so happy for you!" I told her, giving her a hug. 
As Acai left to mingle with her guests, I hunted down Bryant.  I left him with a very subtle warning, "If you hurt her, I will make your life hell."

"Mrs. Persimmon, I love Acai with my whole heart! I would never do anything to upset her!" he said fervently.
"Do you think we should go in now, Dad?' Citron asked.

Carmen nodded. "Sure, sure, let me just tell you one more thing..."


Bitter Melon could care less about hob-nobbing with the self-important Wolffs.  She cranked the stereo up and danced.
"Maybe you could go join her..." I suggested, brooking no refusal.

Estevan rubbed the back of his neck.  "Er.. okay.. Mrs. P. Sure..."
Estevan approached Bitter Melon.  "So.... I'm supposed to ask you to dance."

Bitter Melon pursed her lips and glanced down at the floor.  "Err... ok..."
Soon, their awkwardness melted away and the two teens were having fun.


Citron had just flushed when Acai burst into the bathroom.  "HEY! I'm in here!" he squeaked in surprise.

"Move!" Acai grunted as she fell to her knees and began puking.

Citron scrunched his face as he watched his sister throwing up.  "Um...are you okay?"


"Their wedding certainly caught us off guard!" I told Acai's new mother-in-law, Morgana Wolff.  "Those two kids are just crazy in love, aren't they?"

Morgana pursed her lips. "Mmm...  We tried to talk some sense into Bryant, but he just wouldn't be reasoned with..."
I was instantly offended. "What do you mean? Acai's perfect!"

Morgana passive-aggressively attempted to back-pedal, "Oh, Acai is just perfectly lovely! We just question the speed of the nuptials..."

I eyed Morgana angrily.  "What are you implying?" I snapped.
Morgana made a face showing her disdain.  "Oh, I think you know!"

Oh, she did not know who she was messing with! Unlike her, I didn't care about making a big scene at a fancy hoity-toity party.  I opened my mouth to let the first inappropriate thing I could think of fly out...
But, then Acai was at my side, giving me a moment to pause...
"Mom, thanks again for coming! Have you spoken with Kerry yet? He was just telling me about how you saved him from the awful rumor," Acai said while tactfully pulling me away from Morgana.

Knowing how important this was to her, I let it go... this time...

I might not mind a big scene, but Acai would be mortified. 


"It was a beautiful reception, wasn't it?" Carmen asked.

I smiled back at him, unwilling to tell him about Acai's snobbish in-laws yet, or their suspicions regarding Acai's fertility.  There would be time...

"Estevan danced with me!" Bitter gushed, changing the subject for me.

Citron rolled his eyes, "He's your brother-in-law now. It's not like you can date him."

Now it was Bitter Melon's turn to roll her eyes.  "Who said anything about dating?" she asked tartly.  "Besides, I could date him if I wanted to. It's not like he's my brother now or anything."
"Scientifically speaking..." Citron trailed off as he followed behind Bitter Melon, lecturing her about probabilities and statistical analyses regarding marriage lines.

"I love you," Carmen said, reaching for my hands & ignoring the children.
Together, we sat down on the front lawn (which I'm sure the Altos & the Landgraabs loved!) and ended our evening gazing at stars and reminiscing about the past.


Torch Holders: +1 (1) = 1
Painting of Torch Holder: +5 (1) = 5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5 (1) = -5
Self-Urination: -5 (1) = -5

Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15
Births: +5 (3) = 15
Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5 (1) = 5
Randomizing  LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

Total = -4 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so used to seeing that house as the Wolff Lounge that it's almot weird to think that people would live there! Good for Acai though - that is one nice place to end up in :D

    Great use of the 'tell x to do x' interaction here! Gotta get creative in an isbi challenge :)

    ReplyDelete