Thursday, November 3, 2016

Chapter 2.25 - Bitter Melon, Bitter Apple

Danjou growled angrily after he stomped over to Fig's crib.  "What's the matter with you?" he seethed with frustration.  He'd been woken up too many nights in a row...
"Wait a minute," he said, scratching his head.  "I can actually take care of you now, right?"
He stared at the crib as he considered.
"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can," Danjou said, reaching in to lift his baby sister up.   Quickly, he fed her a bottle, glad that she was no longer turning bright red from crying.
Smiling, he tickled her belly.  "There, you're not that bad, are you?" Danjou cooed.


I twisted my head and glared at the newly formed wrinkles on my face.  I was not getting any younger.  
 "I'm going to go out," I said when I found my husband in the living room.
Estevan looked closely into his wife's eyes.  "You're not on the Bliss!" he said excitedly.

I rolled my eyes.  "What does that have to do with anything? I told you I could quit any time!"  No need to tell him I still had to make another batch since I used my last one on Danjou the night before. 

"I know that's what you said, but I was worried!" he told me sincerely.

I sighed testily.  "I'll see you in a little bit."
Grumbling under my breath, I headed outside to my motorcycle.

"Hey Mom! Lookit my painting!" Emu called out.

I glanced over my shoulder. "Keep practicing!" I told him. 

Arriving at the gym, I headed inside.
Finding a weight bench, I slipped onto the seat and began working out.  I was going to get some muscles one way or another.

Emu got tired of painting after his mom's lackluster encouragement.   Besides, it was more fun to play with Ginger.

"You want your toy?" He asked as he waved her little ball in front of her face.  "PSYCH!" he laughed before pulling it out of her reach. 
Estevan came outside and began straightening up.  "Quit teasing the poor dog," he admonished his son.
 Then it started to drizzle.  "Let's get inside!" he told the kids.
Danjou pulled out his cell phone and began playing with it.
"Didn't you hear me?" Estevan asked his son.  "It's raining. I'm not buying you a new cell phone if you break this one!" he warned.
Danjou glanced up at the sky, as though he didn't notice the rain drops.  He held his hand out.  "Oh wow, it IS raining!" he said dazedly.
"Come on, Danjoy, it's raining harder!" he called out, running back inside.  Danjou tried to protect his cell phone, rushing after his Dad.

Whew - only an hour of pumping iron and I was whoopedI hadn't realized I was such a wuss!  My stomach grumbled.
Reaching blindly into my pocket, I pulled out an apple to munch on.

Oh crap, I thought drowsily.  Wrong apple...
 
The last thing I remember was crashing to the floor.

Thankfully, the stereo in the gym was pumping some loud tunes.

I pulled myself to my feet, looking around with embarrassment.  Everyone in the gym was looking at me.
Feeling ridiculous, I hurried away.

"How was your morning?" Estevan asked, then winced when Bitter Melon slammed the front door shut and headed towards the bedrooms.

She scowled at him before stomping away.  "I don't want to talk about it!" she snapped angrily.

"What was that about?" he mumbled under his breath.

Danjou flipped a page on the book he was reading.  "You know Mom," he said reasonably.
Still feeling groggy after eating the stupid poisoned apple, I went to the bedroom and laid down to get some sleep.

Estevan stood up, surprised when he heard Danjou talking to himself in the kitchen.
Really, wasn't Danjou too old to believe in his imaginary friend?

First thing Bitter Melon did when she woke up from her nap was to hightail it to the bathroom.  Her stomach was unsettled.  Must've been that darn poisoned apple. I made a mental note not to leave bad apples in my backpack.

Meanwhile, Estevan and Emu romped around in the kids room.   "Take that!" Estevan said, smacking his son in the head.
Emu laughed as he swung back at his Dad, knocking him in the head.

"Whoa... whoa... hold up a minute," Estevan said, reeling back.
"I got you good, huh, Dad?" Emu laughed, secretly that he'd stuck it to the man.
"You're not supposed to aim for people's heads! And you're not supposed to try to hurt them!" Estevan fumed.  There were RULES, after all!
 
Just then, Bitter Melon stalked into the room and approached them.  Uh oh, he thought the second he saw her face.
"Do you know what I just did?" she asked with her hand on her hip.  "I just puked in the dirtiest toilet in the world! It was absolutely disgusting!"

Emu snickered as he watched his Dad getting in trouble.
But, then his Mom swung towards him.  "And YOU! Do you think you could handle doing some dishes once in awhile?  We haven't been able to sit at the table for a meal for DAYS!"
 Emu reacted nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

"WELL?" she asked, stomping her foot.  "Get to it!"

Annoyed that neither boys ran to do my bidding, I went to my alchemy station and began crafting a Vial of Bliss.  What was the point of complaining about messes if nobody actually did anything about it? I thought grumpily.
Finishing the Bliss, I quickly grabbed it and drank it down in one quick drink.
Sighing, I let out a long, low sigh of exclamation.  "Awwwwwwww...."  I felt all my worries slipping away.  "SO much better!" I drawled.

Glancing down at my hands. I mimicked the earlier conversation.  "Go clean the house," my left hand commanded.  "Yes ma'am, Queen of Darkness!" my right hand answered.

Then I giggled.

Strolling into the kids room, I sat down in front of the doll house.  These things were so trippy!  What would be really cool would be if they had little figures that looked like them.  Then, when you played, it could be like you were playing your own life! 
Standing up, I happened to watch a Emu walk by, pretending to be a prince.  I started laughing uncontrollably.
"LOSER!" I managed to call out between my gales of laughter.

(What? Don't look at me like you didn't know I was evil!)


Score:
Torch Holders: +1 (2) = 2
Painting of Torch Holder: +5 (1) = 5
Sim Failing School: -5
Visit from Service Sim: -5
Passing Out: -5 (3) = -15
Self-Urination: -5 (8) = -40
Accidental Deaths: -10
Social Worker Visit: -15

Births: +5 (6) = 30

Twin Births: +10
Triplet Births: +15
Fulfilling LTW: +40
Achieving Honor Roll: +5 (2) = 10

Randomizing LTW choice and trait for a generation: +10
Not using spares Happiness points for a generation: +10 (1) = 10
Every 100,000 dollars: +20
NPS Spouse reach the top of their career: +40
Cheat Penalty: -10 (2) = -20

A few scores I'm adding from now on (thanks for the ideas toxi!):
Pets, for each family pet: + 1 (1) = 1
Hands Off for a generation: +10
Fire!: -5 (1) = -5

Total: -22

2 comments:

  1. Is it horrible that I find it hilarious when Bitter is mean to her kids? XD Her evil ways just crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope not horrible because I find it hilarious when I write it. ;) Lol. It is too much fun to play an evil person!

      Delete